Bodycam

Its a demo tech to be honest, the gameplay is literally non existent apparently so as a game its not going to be great unless it changes dramatically but incredible looking all the same.
The Bodycam mod for ready or not gives similar vibes but its a game :)

Last edited:
Its a demo tech to be honest, the gameplay is literally non existent apparently so as a game its not going to be great unless it changes dramatically but incredible looking all the same.
The Bodycam mod for ready or not gives similar vibes but its a game :)
people will also love playing at 30 fps at 1080 in a 4090 :p

Does it even perform bad ?

Main reason everyone thinks the graphics are awesome is because of photogrammetry which is not particularly intensive in terms of performance.

That and the camera movement being realistic are why it looks real, I’m not seeing anything in the graphics that’s making me think it’s going to melt computers other than the fact it’s made by some kids and is still basically an unoptimised tech demo.

Last edited:
Does it even perform bad ?
It runs alright, ~90fps with TSR or 100fps+ with FSR without FSR FG enabled. But the controls the way the camera works is weird, would take lots of time to get used to.

But the thing that made me refund it was.... Only FSR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is TSR and TAA but they're obviously a bit rubbish. I can't get on with the gun to mouse movement latency, it's not the engine or anything but how the relative latency has been designed so it "looks" like a bodycam perspective, but in practice it means you can't quick snap aim or move as everything feels like a boat of sorts.

not for me as an online DM/TDM shooter.

Ultrawide gameplay:

£26.55 special offer price

Last edited:
Looks pretty bare bones from what I can tell.

Still, it's at the top of the paid games chart on Steam so with that amount of backing you would assume it will be "fleshed out".

Not for me though as it's PvP. I only play CS2 and that's because I know the maps, weapons etc etc.

Dunno if I cba to learn a whole new PvP game again. Just don't have the time (or attention span!) for it thesedays :p

If it was vr supported, I would jump at it
Without de-railing...

So will only mention once!

I have my lads Quest 2 here this weekend as had trouble fitting the new Elite strap we bought recently to replace the broken one.

Thought I would have a quick nose last night (first time trying VR). Just some random pre-loaded game walking round this castle and that.

Holy crap! It's pretty amazing.

Fully intend to plug it into my main PC this weekend and try some Star Wars Squadons with the headset + HOTAS:D

Last edited:
People expected this to be anything other than a flash in the pan? 90% of what the game used to capture everyone’s attention was a few out-of-the-box filters and lighting from the UE5 engine. The gun play is nothing Red Orchestra didn’t do 10+ years ago, just have ten pints then play that :p

People expected this to be anything other than a flash in the pan? 90% of what the game used to capture everyone’s attention was a few out-of-the-box filters and lighting from the UE5 engine. The gun play is nothing Red Orchestra didn’t do 10+ years ago, just have ten pints then play that :p

Photogrammetry is why it’s got everyone’s attention and looks “realistic”, not the lighting and filters. This is the first “game” to use it properly within a fps environment.

Last edited:
I paid full price for this £28.50 I think and it's well worth it. So far played around 6 hours and really enjoying it.
It's refreshing to play a PC only game thats truly next gen with also next gen sound.

Yes, it needs good hardware but its worth it. 3090Ti / 5800X3D, 3440 x 1440 with FSR on quality and the rest maxed out I get around 60fps. Frame generation bumps it up mostly to my 97fps max (100hz gsync monitor) but massively increases input lag.

Video from yesterday, this is with FG on.

It must be doing quite well as there are always players online and now 4 or 5 difference maps

Last edited:
I dunno, feel like you’re being overly generous with the praise on the graphics. The graffiti looks like it’s 3D on the walls, the walls themselves have a really weird effect where the wallpaper is peeling, and is excessively shiny. I think some of the tech in the game is impressive, I get people think stupidly loud gun fire is triple A audio for some reason, but graphically I still think it’s ropey.

Last edited:
Apart from the natural colour grading/lighting (Cyberpunk looks like this if the day night cycle is set to early morning too), I genuinely didn't think that much of this as already noticed. Once the initial novelty wears off it's just a slow camera latency TDM/TDM arena shooter. The ragdoll physics are impressive to me if anything.

Apart from the natural colour grading/lighting (Cyberpunk looks like this if the day night cycle is set to early morning too), I genuinely didn't think that much of this as already noticed. Once the initial novelty wears off it's just a slow camera latency TDM/TDM arena shooter. The ragdoll physics are impressive to me if anything.
I dont think its novelty, there seems to me to be a feeling thats makes it seem quite large scale and different to other shooters. Tumblewood for example, this map is really fun and reminds me of playing paintball in real life.
You cant just run around like a headless chicken jumping and ducking everywhere. Move slow and be tactical about positioning, then shoot and cover move.
Prone should be an option IMO and more foliage. A Vietnam / jumgle map would be fun

Back
Top Bottom