Booting issue

Associate
OP
How many EATX12V are plugged in? If only one, try with the second as well.

Just below the CMOS battery there are some POST state LEDs, are any lit?

All power cables pushed in properly?

When the computer posts but the monitor is black with no signal the last ASUS code I got was 97.

When the computer loads with W11 and all is good I get the ASUS code AA, however, it can also load with code AA and the monitor is still black which makes me feel that W11 has loaded, but there is an error with the card hence the black screen.
I'm Just guessing.

Soldato
When you say the Bios Battery, do you mean the CMOS Motherboard Battery as indicated on the MB diagram?

B6SQrHJ.jpg
seven pcie16 slots? was this board built for mining?

Soldato
When the computer posts but the monitor is black with no signal the last ASUS code I got was 97.

When the computer loads with W11 and all is good I get the ASUS code AA, however, it can also load with code AA and the monitor is still black which makes me feel that W11 has loaded, but there is an error with the card hence the black screen.
I'm Just guessing.

What about the POST State LEDS?

Indicated in the green box, not the red.

Associate
I've had something similar windows starts, but my monitor screen is on but black keyboard not responsive tuned out to be a 12-year-old USB hub causing it. Removed the hub it and it would boot normally

Today had same thing but no old hub involved, I had a lot of unnecessary software loading at windows start up think it was spacedesk causing a conflict. I know windows has loaded because the argb light changed colour but screen black
getting rid of spacedesk has cured it.

Worth a try see what is loading at start up.

Associate
OP
What about the POST State LEDS?

Indicated in the green box, not the red.

POST State LEDS.

Wow, I love this forum. I have never noticed the sequencing before.

I start the computer from cold in the morning.

The Post state is as follows.

Red/Yellow flashing 3 times. Then white (Constant. Stays white). Then the Post bleep, stays white with no signal to the monitor. Code 97

I reboot.

Red/Yellow flashing 3 times. Then white (Constant. Stays white). Then the Post bleep. Then it changes to Green for some time then nothing and Windows loads. Code AA

Last edited:
Associate
This won't really help you but from what I can see code AA means everything should be fine in the boot sequence and it has basically handed over to the OS from the BIOS

Soldato
Red/Yellow flashing 3 times. Then white (Constant. Stays white). Then the Post bleep, stays white with no signal to the monitor. Code 97
White = VGA Problem.

Try your GPU in another slot.

Not sure (on your motherboard) how or if you can change PCI-e to gen3 instead of auto. Thinking maybe it is detecting wrong on cold boot.

Soldato

when it moves to the white led does it hang for a while before going green, and code 97 is a gpu fault code, i only say as a freind of mine was struggling for 9 months with constant boot issues, turns out his strix 4090 was to blame, he rma'd it and a replacment was sent and hey presto, no boot issues afterwards. i would test the 3080 in another pc and use a older card in the x299 rig just to check, if problems continue in a diffrent pc then the 3080 may be bad.

Associate
OP
White = VGA Problem.

Not sure (on your motherboard) how or if you can change PCI-e to gen3 instead of auto. Thinking maybe it is detecting wrong on cold boot.

Thanks for all the posts so far.

freddie64 was right. I changed the PCI-e to gen3 from auto and now the computer boots as expected, however, this seems to have caused a new issue. Now Windows only detects 1 monitor. I have 2. Any thoughts?

Associate
OP
White = VGA Problem.

Thanks for all the posts so far. freddie64: was right. I changed the PCI-e to gen3 not auto and now the computer boots as expected...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom