Bootneuter

Associate
Done a do it all with Ziphone now going to use Bootneuter. Is just a case of loading it up and clicking on the Flash button? What settings should I use:

Version: 4.6 - I guess this is correct.
Neuter - On or Off?
FakeBlank - On or Off?

Associate
OP
So what's the point of doing the bootnueter thing anyway? And I thought with ziphone it was permanetly done in a certain way that it could never be restored?

My iPhone knowledge is weak as you can see! ;)

In theory Apple would know you have flashed if you used Ziphone because it changes the baseband but using neuter it changes back to the original. I done it because I like messing with things. :p

Soldato
So what's the point of doing the bootnueter thing anyway? And I thought with ziphone it was permanetly done in a certain way that it could never be restored?

My iPhone knowledge is weak as you can see! ;)

As said above, the main reason being is to make Apple think you haven't modified the phone if you have to send it back.

The iPhone can be restored to factory settings through iTunes if it needs replacing as well.

Soldato
Ahh sweet! Man I love my iPhone so damn much!! :)

Here's one for ya, if I'm not on the o2 contract that I should be with the iPhone, does it make my warranty void?

Also, if I run bootnueter, how will I know its worked?

Cheers guys!!

Caporegime
The moment you jailbreak it your warranty goes out the window.

The point is how would apple know this?

Because you have a 3.9 bootloader

But putting 4.6 back on means they won't know. Get it now?

Like i said eariler .......

if your iphone breaks and you sent it back to apple - they see a 3.9, they throw it back at you.

put 4.6 back on they never know you have jaikbreak it, long as you put it back to restore setting in itunes.

How would you know its worked ? Load it up again and the slider should default at the current bootloader. ie 4.6 instead of 3.9

Soldato
I just want to make sure Raymond! Ya know how it is ;)

That's put my mind at ease, cheap iPhone, no gay o2 contract, awesome vodafone contract and 12 months warranty to boot!

I might go and slaughter a goat to celebrate...

Caporegime
I wouldn't cling onto that warranty thing like its set in stone, for 1 thing, O2 or CPW won't honour it as they'll say "no contract with O2", you must've jailbreak it and bye bye.

So just take good care of it :) It should be fine as there are only 4 moving parts, Home button, sleep button, slient and volume button. Plus no Hard Drive inside so with some TLC it should last a while.

Soldato
Apparently the new bootloader increases WiFi performance, but I doubt it... ?

You don't have much of a warranty on the iPhone after 14 days if you unlocked/jailbroke it as in the terms you need an activated iPhone for returns/replacement after 14 days.

Soldato
Ahh sweet! Man I love my iPhone so damn much!! :)

Here's one for ya, if I'm not on the o2 contract that I should be with the iPhone, does it make my warranty void?

Also, if I run bootnueter, how will I know its worked?

Cheers guys!!

Technically warranty is void if you don't activate after 14 days, can't provide a 'failed credit' thingy and have used the phone...

But people have returned unlocked iPhones to O2 with no problems

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17868697

Soldato
Well the locate me feature didn't work with the older baseband, which is kinda part of the boot loader, but you can run a different version of baseband to the version of the boot loader you are using, just to confuse things :)

It's up to you whether you want to upgrade it again.. it's pretty risk free as long as you don't interrupt it.

Back
Top Bottom