Borderlands (2024)

Not surprised I’d written it off as soon as I saw Kevin Hart was involved….and Jack Black topped it off.

To be fair Tiny Tina would always require a compromise or finding an incredible child actress. Using Jack Black is perhaps more forgivable, although one of the original voice actors would have been better. However, casting a short, fast talking comedian to play stoic soldier Roland was just plain wrong. And even if they signed up Cate Blanchett and Jamie Lee Curtis when the first game came out, they would have already been too old for their characters.

What with that casting and the mixing of characters from the first and second games, it did not look promising that the movie makers actually "got" the game world and plot.

Now all hope is lost...

:-)

Yeah definitely not going to see this after the reviews.

The cast and trailers pretty much put me off anyway

Yeah definitely not going to see this after the reviews.

The cast and trailers pretty much put me off anyway
Shame - I love the Borderlands games (apart from the prequel) - Ill have to look at the reviews but it doesnt sound good - but then again wasnt expecting much when they announced it to be fair.

Stelly

Just browsing my local Cineworld for this today. Most showings have only got a few seats booked and the main evening peak showings are using the smallest studio screens (20-50 seaters) only and these only have a couple of seats booked too.

I think the super low box office forecasts are likely accurate.

Shame - I love the Borderlands games (apart from the prequel) - Ill have to look at the reviews but it doesnt sound good - but then again wasnt expecting much when they announced it to be fair.

Stelly
Same.
My main gripe is cast. I just don't see cate as lilith. She looks so mopey and bored.
Not just her. But I see borderlands as a young cast.

Dnd film was amazing. Basically exactly how I pictured a dnd adaption. This? This looks dire. And from reviews. It is dire.

Just browsing my local Cineworld for this today. Most showings have only got a few seats booked and the main evening peak showings are using the smallest studio screens (20-50 seaters) only and these only have a couple of seats booked too.

I think the super low box office forecasts are likely accurate.
4 booked for my screening on the main screen, was thinking maybe being school holidays it might be busier but nope.

Same.
My main gripe is cast. I just don't see cate as lilith. She looks so mopey and bored.
Not just her. But I see borderlands as a young cast.

Dnd film was amazing. Basically exactly how I pictured a dnd adaption. This? This looks dire. And from reviews. It is dire.
Ill probably watch it when it comes out on a streaming platform, pretty annoying - cant wait for the next Borderlands game - I hope that they do another one soon :)

Stelly

I think I'll be waiting until its free on a streaming site...so give it 2 weeks until it's on Netflix?

Back
Top Bottom