Borderlands (2024)

Might go see this next week, it looks TERRIBLE, but as I've got an unlimited card, it'll only cost me 95p to get the wife via meerkat in so we can both lambast it, and I don't mind seeing a bad film when it's on unlimited and I'm getting my monies worth elsewhere.

Whoever cast Blanchett and Hart needs sacking.

Maybe when they cast Blanchett and Curtis the plan was to set the story decades after the events of the first games. But then they gave up on that timeline and couldn't be bothered looking for new actors.

Hart was probably a simple miscommunication based on asking for that guy from the Jumanji movies to play a dark skinned soldier.

There was a decent script apparently but then Eli 'Splatter' Roth came in, made some 'minor' tweaks (basically re-wrote near enough the whole script) and this car crash is what we've ended up with.

I went and seen this last night (have unlimited pass). Having never played the game.

I thought it was ok, I’m convinced it would have been much better with a better cast. Hart didn’t really offer anything and for me doesn’t suit the serious roll if you will.

Tina was the best part of the film.

It's barely out, and already 4.3 on IMDB. I don't know what genius decided to go for a PG rating instead of the R18 this franchise truly deserves, but that was certainly one of the dumbest decisions made during the shambolic production process.

It's crazy right. How many more times do we see potentially good adult themed movies get neutered for the sake of getting more tickets for the younger audience when the original material isn't intended for children.

Last edited:
It doesn't need to be an 18 at all, but it does need to be 15 probably.

Hilarious calling Borderlands adult themed when it is one of the most juvenile game series around (and I love it before you attack me)

It doesn't need to be an 18 at all, but it does need to be 15 probably.

Hilarious calling Borderlands adult themed when it is one of the most juvenile game series around (and I love it before you attack me)

Your contradicting yourself your saying one hand it's needs to be a 15 but then it's one of the most juvenile games around??

Despite the humour and the nature of Borderlands game the context is still violence especially when its shot irl.

Also the topic was studio toning down violent themed movies not just borderlands to fit viewing numbers so not sure where your leading with this.

Last edited:
The film itself seems aimed at 10-12 year olds I suspect (12A rated), what humour is in it is very childish (even by my standards :D ). The violence, what there is, is mainly people falling over when shot and most of the fight scenes don't show much "real" violence at all.

The film itself seems aimed at 10-12 year olds I suspect (12A rated), what humour is in it is very childish (even by my standards :D ). The violence, what there is, is mainly people falling over when shot and most of the fight scenes don't show much "real" violence at all.

Will reserve my opinion on it until I watch it but I am expecting a toned down fun implied shoot em up than your full graphic gore fest which is what @Sankari point was referring to.

Last edited:
Your contradicting yourself your saying one hand it's needs to be a 15 but then it's one of the most juvenile games around??

Despite the humour and the nature of Borderlands game the context is still violence especially when its shot irl.

Also the topic was studio toning down violent themed movies not just borderlands to fit viewing numbers so not sure where your leading with this.
No I'm not. Age rating is not the same as something being adult or not. Deadpool/GTA etc, these things have high age ratings but nobody in their right mind is calling them adult. They're juvenile humour. This isn't a bad thing but let's call it what it is. They're 100% aimed at children, and children will be playing them/seeing them.

Back
Top Bottom