Bored.

Caporegime
Only have two 360 games left, GRAW and PGR for online fun. Everything else was finished and sold, so I have £182 in my paypal account from sold games and nothing to buy. Every game I was interested in has been brought played and sold.

Looking through the upcoming releases not a lot grabs me, I may end up buying for the hell of it. Deseperately hoping moto will be good and I will buy LOTR. But thats not til the end of june.

Next nearest that look half decent to me are Hitman and Xmen but I'm starting to question whether I want to play them or just buy for the sake of it.

Is it just me or is nothing decent coming out?

Soldato
doesnt seem that way for a while altho im looking 4ward to motogp hopefully it will be awesome! I loved the 1st one on orig xbox so fingers croseed :)

Soldato
I'm in the same boat. Theres not much coming up that interests me, but given that the World Cup is imminent I guess that could be a good thing :) I may try Hitman and Rockstar's Tennis though. Tbh, the massive amounts of E3 marketplace content should keep me occupied too for a bit.

Caporegime
OP
NokkonWud said:
I might aswell stick this in my signature...

GET BURNOUT: REVENGE

Hahahah I tried the demo and I really didnt think that much of it. I thought, no offence intended that it was a kids game. Ive seen my nephew playing it on his ps2 and Ive kept the demo for him.

Toyed with the idea of fifa but then I really didnt like rtwc, once bitten twice shy.

I will keep a look out for the marketplace stuff then I suppose.

Soldato
dannyjo22 said:
Hahahah I tried the demo and I really didnt think that much of it. I thought, no offence intended that it was a kids game. .

Burnout Revenge is deffo not a kids game, well maybe for Big over 30yr olds kids then yes, lol. TBH if you not got it its one of the best on the 360 for pure arcade fun, i've spent nearly 55 hours on it so far and even when completed will not sell it untill the next updated release just simply for the LIVE racing and crash mode mayhem, well worth the cash.

Associate
If you've got PayPal, then there's a decent website that rents games via post, they do Xbox, 360, PSP and DS games, a monster selection. :)

I can't be arsed to check your profile, but NBA2K6 and NHL2K6 just came out, a good few hours of entertainment there, really good fun, then there's Oblivion, Burnout (fun!), CoD2, Condemned, with some stonkers coming soon. :)

Soldato
dunno if you have tried it (probably) but BF:MC is great for a quick blast with some mates online. Not one to play constantly (dare I say the americans get a bit offensive after about 9pm - constantly swearing etc) but good for a couple 20 minute rounds.

Caporegime
OP
punky_munky said:
Buy a DS and a stack of games. That'll stave off the boredom.

Yeah I fancy a DS lite, posted about it in the thread. Might see about an import.

Spew/cokecan I was gonna buy NHL as I too loved the megadrive hockey but then I read the 2k sports forum on the major bugs in the game which put me off. Read the link on 2k sports forum about the game freezing when playing a franchise game. Would be interested if you get this or not?

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60

I also think its rather sad of 2k not to reply to any of the concerns on the forum. BTW looking at the forum a few people are saying its the HDD that causes the freezes and playing with a Memory card fixes it. Do you have HDD's?

Last edited:
Caporegime
dannyjo22 said:
Hahahah I tried the demo and I really didnt think that much of it. I thought, no offence intended that it was a kids game. Ive seen my nephew playing it on his ps2 and Ive kept the demo for him.

Toyed with the idea of fifa but then I really didnt like rtwc, once bitten twice shy.

I will keep a look out for the marketplace stuff then I suppose.

Certainly not a kids game, infact WhiteRoser likes it and he's like 105!
Definitely worth buying, has the best multiplayer of any game on the console. Seriously, buy it from Game, if you don't like it, take it back... I honestly can't recommend this game enough. My friend who isn't asuch a fan of driving games and really didn't like any Burnout game previous loves it and went out and bought it for £45.

Associate
dannyjo22 said:
Yeah I fancy a DS lite, posted about it in the thread. Might see about an import.

Spew/cokecan I was gonna buy NHL as I too loved the megadrive hockey but then I read the 2k sports forum on the major bugs in the game which put me off. Read the link on 2k sports forum about the game freezing when playing a franchise game. Would be interested if you get this or not?

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60

I also think its rather sad of 2k not to reply to any of the concerns on the forum. BTW looking at the forum a few people are saying its the HDD that causes the freezes and playing with a Memory card fixes it. Do you have HDD's?
There are a few irritances, but if you're not planning on keeping it (renting or whathaveyou), then it's ideal. :)

Soldato
dannyjo22 said:
Only have two 360 games left, GRAW and PGR for online fun. Everything else was finished and sold, so I have £182 in my paypal account from sold games and nothing to buy. Every game I was interested in has been brought played and sold.

Looking through the upcoming releases not a lot grabs me, I may end up buying for the hell of it. Deseperately hoping moto will be good and I will buy LOTR. But thats not til the end of june.

Next nearest that look half decent to me are Hitman and Xmen but I'm starting to question whether I want to play them or just buy for the sake of it.

Is it just me or is nothing decent coming out?

Just compared our games on xbox.com and you've missed some absolute blinders mate.

Condemned - is a must, one of the best and most original games to have appeared so far.
COD2 - Probably the best game to have come out, playing on Veteran dificulty that is; but if you've played it on PC fair enough.
Kameo - a great platform/adventure game and not just for kids. Can be bought new for £29.99 now and well worth a blast
Burnout Revenge - as people have said above
Full Auto - has it's critics but there's a few of us out there that had a complete blast driving too fast with rocket launchers strapped to the roof

and of course Oblivion - not more I can say about this that has already been said I've got 85 hours under my belt and I reckon I'm about half way through it :)

Just a few ideas, hope they've helped :)

Caporegime
OP
smcshaw said:
Just compared our games on xbox.com and you've missed some absolute blinders mate.

Condemned - is a must, one of the best and most original games to have appeared so far.
COD2 - Probably the best game to have come out, playing on Veteran dificulty that is; but if you've played it on PC fair enough.
Kameo - a great platform/adventure game and not just for kids. Can be bought new for £29.99 now and well worth a blast
Burnout Revenge - as people have said above
Full Auto - has it's critics but there's a few of us out there that had a complete blast driving too fast with rocket launchers strapped to the roof

and of course Oblivion - not more I can say about this that has already been said I've got 85 hours under my belt and I reckon I'm about half way through it :)

Just a few ideas, hope they've helped :)

Yeah thanks I can borrow kameo and COD off a mate, so I may give them a whirl. Oblivion doesnt really interest me. I may rent burnout to see how I get on.

I just wish there where more must have's right now. After a couple of months where I practically brought everything til I was broke, there's not much on the horizon.

Soldato
Kameo is excellent, really surprised me! Bought it for a youngster to watch but then i kept on playing it after his bedtime because it is so good!

Soldato
Have you finished everything you bought? lol

Maybe you should not play on the 360 as much so things last longer? There's been a few games in the past i've played solidly, finished, then wished I'd made them last longer.

Maybe try the next game you get on the hardest setting and only play it a few hours every few days at a time? :)

Caporegime
cokecan72 said:
nhl 2k6, just bought this my self, quite a lot of fun and does look pretty :)

first sports game ive bought since nhl 96 on the mega drive :D

Whats the gameplay on that like??. Also framerate wise is it pretty smooth or does it jump around?

Reason why i ask is because last night i d/l'd NBA Live and yes very pretty game but god almighty the framerate was pretty appalling especially on my 32" Lcd HDTV...just seems to stutter a lot:(.

Caporegime
dannyjo22 said:
I just wish there where more must have's right now. After a couple of months where I practically brought everything til I was broke, there's not much on the horizon.
There are must-haves that you don't have, as people keep saying. Must be down to taste, but Burnout and Oblivion definitely rank as 2 of 3 definite must haves (the other is Call of Duty 2).

Back
Top Bottom