borked hdd ,whats the chance of fixing it ?

Soldato
im pretty sure my 80gb maxtor drive is broken :( ,it was a second drive in my computer .

basically the other day something started making a beeping/squeaking noise , after a quick elimination process i realised it was the maxtopr drive.

evey time i boot with it plugged in i get this beeping during boot and then the drive doesnt show up in windows.

i was going to order a new drive anyway as i was needing more space but even though the data on that drive wasnt hugely important it would save allot of hassle if i could rec over it anyway

i dont have a clue about hard drives and was wondering if theres something obvious that could fix this or is it well and truly broke ?

any recomendations for a 250gb sata drive would be nice too. :)

thanks

Soldato
There are a number of free utilities for recovering data from your HDD. Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me think of any!! But don't blame me I have been awake far too long lol :p

As for your 250GB... My money would be on either an Hitachi Deskstar 250GB or a Seagate Barracuda .10 revision.

SiriusB

Soldato
OP
will the recovery programs see the drive even when windows doesnt then ?

im sure i can research into them if thats the case,

its sods law that ive been meaning to order a bigger drive to transfer everything too for weeks now , i only didnt because i wasnt at home for delivery, :rolleyes: :o :p

Back
Top Bottom