Bottleneck?

Itsjody said:
dude you should be able to clock that cpu to around 2.4 :)

Just go for PC3200, that will do fine :)

sounds great :D so how do i go about doing that?!

just been looking and it looks like the G Skill ram with the blue heatsinks has the best timings (is that the right word?) of 2-3-2-5, for ~£150. theres some Corsair ram on offer this week which comes close though...?

Dave

G.Skill 2GB DDR ZX PC3200 (2x1GB) CAS2 Dual Channel Kit (F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX) (MY-007-GS) 1
Total £158.86

should be here tomorrow! hopefully try some more tests tonight with an older 3DMark and with just 2 dimm ram see what difference it makes :)

can anyone tell me how to overclock my 3000+?!

Dave

trojan698 said:
I dont think 754 boards are capable of running memory in dual channel tbh. if this is the case, the upgrade would provide very little benefit.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

please, somebody correct him? :lol:

Dave

Backed up, Skt754 is single channel, this is ~5-10% slower

- Running three sticks of memory might default to 166Mhz instead of 200Mhz (go into the BIOS and select 200Mhz speed instead of AUTO)
- Running three sticks means a 2T setting, this is also 5-10% slower than 1T

Everything combined might explain the slower performance of your system, have a look at this guide for overclocking: http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=327

thanks guys.

no worries anyway i'll still stick the ram in tomorrow and see what difference it makes. as well as overclocking the CPU tonight to see what extra i can extract from it :)

it certainly appears my skt 754 days are numbered though!

Dave

I dunno why people bother using 01 its soo old, 03 at the most, 05/06 tell us the true story of whether the card lacks in games.

Vegeta said:
I dunno why people bother using 01 its soo old, 03 at the most, 05/06 tell us the true story of whether the card lacks in games.

already posted my '06 result :)

after over clocking:

3D Mark '06 = 3309

downloading '05 as we speak so i'll let you know

Dave

Dutch Guy said:
That is low, when I had a Skt754 system with a Newcastle A64@2450Mhz and 2x512Mb Ballistix@200Mhz I got a score of 24024

With what memory configuration was your score set?

rams only at 100mhz for some reason, tried upping it but it wasn't having any of it... just going to leave it for now, the G Skill ram should be here tomorrow so i'll redo '01, '05 + '06 tomorrow night, see what i can hit :)

Dave

Look, Daaaveee has a possible underperforming system, not just a videocard, so if we want to know what is limiting his performance 3DMark2001 and '03 are very important, his 2001 score tells me his system is slow, not his videocard which points towards the memory.

3DMark2001 is today an excellent system benchmark as it responds quite well to increased CPU/memoryspeed and tighter memory timings.

Back
Top Bottom