BOTW Weekly Results Round L Light/Lite

Man of Honour
Yeah I think the difference between sending and not arriving and not sending at all is the key here.

Your post does highlight a problem though, because if you make allowances for some you must make it for others further down the line. Yours wasn't entered, if someone intended to go buy a certain one and didn't do it in time should they be allowed to enter still? The one with the guy skiing was actually sent iirc and he proved that using the timestamps on his sent mail :)

Associate
I did send though, I just can't explain why it didn't and just ended up as a date stamped draft in my bin. I think if I posted what I sent to DJ it would paint a clearer picture, but I'm not home so limited on phone.

Last edited:
Associate
A draft is a mail that isn't sent. It must have been saved instead of it would've been in outbox or in sent items.

That's just something I can't explain. Why would I go to the effort of drafting an email, not sending then posting on the forum a few minutes later saying I've sent :)

Don't put it to a vote. I don't want to argue with DJ, just hoped he'd see it as out of my hands.

Man of Honour
I know some people set several up in draft format and decide later which to submit. Just needs to have send clicked when you're ready and decided then.

Not saying that's what you've done, but it's one reason to do it that way :)

Caporegime
OP
That's just something I can't explain. Why would I go to the effort of drafting an email, not sending then posting on the forum a few minutes later saying I've sent :)

Don't put it to a vote. I don't want to argue with DJ, just hoped he'd see it as out of my hands.

No one is arguing. I've already stated and I will again, I believe you.

The problem I have is this. Your entry wasn't sent, that is something you could have checked, if it had been mailed and not received then it falls into the same situation as Russinating and it can be verified.

What happens if someone decides to say their Q round didn't send, then I allow it and suddenly we could have a most popular entry change?

Associate
I'll have a look at my laptop later to see if it shows anything different to my phone.

I also posted the same pic as my entry (without BOTW) on my Instagram 2 weeks, so can prove the above scenario isn't the case.

I know we're not arguing, I meant I don't want to argue your decision by putting it to a vote. But I am hoping more evidence may change your mind :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I'll have a look at my laptop later to see if it shows anything different to my phone.

I also posted the same pic as my entry (without BOTW) on my Instagram 2 weeks, so can prove the above scenario isn't the case.

I'm not implying the above scenario is what you have tried to do, far from it!

What am attempting to explain is the fact we are dealing with a precedent here.

Caporegime
I have a few emails sat in my drafts ready to send in case I don't find anything better or want to change my mind. It would be easy for me to say it didn't send and show one of the drafts that I wrote beforehand.

If russinating proved that he sent it before and it was stuck in his outbox, that's a different matter.

Soldato
Not sure if this will mean anything, but I would have no objections to R-evans' entry being valid. After all the fuss in one of the previous rounds, be nice to just have a bit of friendly fun.

Associate
Not sure if this will mean anything, but I would have no objections to R-evans' entry being valid. After all the fuss in one of the previous rounds, be nice to just have a bit of friendly fun.

It's fine, but thanks.

I checked my laptop and that too has no record of me sending it. So I have no idea what happened after I pressed send.

This was my entry if anyone cares. Will just add that I knew it was a definite 5 pointer due to the fact it is only available in Massachusetts (a friend sent it to me) so I didn't really have any reason to hold back.

25764398995_6358b0da4c_c.jpg

Now lets forget this week and look forward to the next! :)

Back
Top Bottom