Bought an S2000! Sold the Mountune Fiesta!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Unlucky buddy :(

I personally wouldn't bother with of this buying back faff. Just push for a good price from th insurance company.

Maybe get another rwd, but this time with ESP?
DSC saved my ass quite a few times when I got my BMW. Lifting off mid-corner wasn't a problem in my old 4wd Leon ;)

Caporegime
toda mainfold good idea? i'm really happy with my standard exhaust with decat and bypass pipe, mine 32od i think

i'm also on standard airbox, i just removed the airbox lid does get some heat soak in traffic but its ok once on open road.

Sorry missed this before:

Toda is good yeah. But £1100 for a new one :eek:I found it gives better throttle and fees like improvements in the midrange. For noise sounds slightly better but that's combined with decat. It's thinner walled but luckily valve train noise seems no different.

Caporegime
mine is 470 this year.. i dont know how it is that cheap tbh, it was a money supermarket renewal but i could never get the price even changing one detail then changing it back!

27 with 5yrs NCB no accidents on record since 18 and access to another car although this is on commuting too

the seat in my sig is also 450 but with only one year NCB

Caporegime
Unlucky buddy :(

I personally wouldn't bother with of this buying back faff. Just push for a good price from th insurance company.

Maybe get another rwd, but this time with ESP?
DSC saved my ass quite a few times when I got my BMW. Lifting off mid-corner wasn't a problem in my old 4wd Leon ;)

DSC won't stop the laws of physics. This is a car with 50:50 AND a low PMI. Although the 2004 did have the rear roll centre adjusted and softer rear spring to try and make them softer

Mine is setup very oversteery now but I've had it so long I'm used to how it drives ( plus the wheels all point in the right direction) It turns in so hard that the rear naturally wants to pendulum out.

Last edited:
Caporegime
DSC works miracles ;)

What's PMI? My Coupe has 50:50 too.

An oil tanker is 50:50

PMI = Polar moment of inertia. Its How easily the car wants to turn or change direction, having the weight close to the centre helps reduce this. Also the neutral point and distance from cog will impact the balance.

All that is very geeky, but I guess this is my problem. I studied vehicle dynamics and when I drive half my brain is thinking about weight transfer, effect of acceleration, road surface and what the suspension is doing.

Last edited:
Associate
just watch you don't go and stove your s2000 into the side of a car like I did.

Picture008.jpg

Picture004.jpg

damage to the car I hit ( mazda mx-6 i think ) I smashed the number plate up on my s2000 and did a slight paint fracture in the front bumper.

Bought the bloke a new motor £500 nissan primera which he was happy with and I took that mazda off his hands and sold it on ebay for £85.00, it drove ok

always like to pimp my old S200 off :)

DSC_000312-1.jpg

seems i should have read the bit were you said you wrote your car off oops.

Soldato
Jesus. I'm so sorry for you

Im not sure if it was this or another thread but me and another guy were mentioning unintended oversteer etc conditions haven't been great at all

Associate
But still... 5 days of ownership + crash I would say he took things too quickly. :)

QUOTE]

Drive like a **** and crash like a prat.

It's not the road conditions that were driving the car, it was somone who-
1 Is too young and inexperenced to drive properly.
2 Too inexperenced to handle a RWD high powered car.
3 too stupid to drive within the limits of the conditions.

Thanks mate for helping to **** up every other S2000 owners insurence premiums.

Fully Star out swear words.

Read the rules

Soldato
OP
Spoke to insurance and car should be getting collected, this is how it is now...excuse file size I've had to upload straight from my phone as today is my last day at work until Christmas....le sigh.... If a passing don wants to edit to resize/rehost then feel free!

WcaMb.jpeg

ZRTgZ.jpeg.png

hoTMl.jpeg.png

Soldato
OP
But still... 5 days of ownership + crash I would say he took things too quickly. :)

QUOTE]

Drive like a **** and crash like a prat.

It's not the road conditions that were driving the car, it was somone who-
1 Is too young and inexperenced to drive properly.
2 Too inexperenced to handle a RWD high powered car.
3 too stupid to drive within the limits of the conditions.

Thanks mate for helping to **** up every other S2000 owners insurence premiums.

Love how you manage to know how old I am without knowing me?

I find it beyond sad that you would take time out of your day to sign up to have a go at me.

Back
Top Bottom