Poll: Bounty Bars being removed from Celebration Tubs

Bounty bars in Celebrations?

• Top tier

Votes: 44 50.6%
  • Trash tier

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Meh, I have no preference (middle tier)

Votes: 12 13.8%

• Total voters
Capodecina
Soldato
Why? Presumably because coconut is expensive, and they can save money.

Apparently in a survey of 2000, 40% said it was their least favourite. 40% is quite a lot. It's a great marketing idea. The fact that it's made the top story on the BBC website is just great news for Mars. I wouldn't be surprised if that story had had a little 'encouragement' to be there.

Soldato
I like the way they’ve made it so difficult to find out which Tesco branches will actually have these Christmas markets.

Soldato
I see nobody read the article. They’re only being removed from specific limited edition tubs only available in Tesco.

I’m calling clickbait and request ban for OP :p
Only for 40 stores too. Can see customers constantly ask for them. The media portrayed the story as ALL tubs of Celebrations don't have Bountys in them. Only about 2.5% of Tesco stores will have the Bountyless Celebrations.

Soldato
Bounty hunters may have their work cut out this Christmas, after chocolate manufacturer Mars Wrigley said it would be eliminating the sweet from some of its tubs.

The coconut-flavoured treat may be marketed as a slice of paradise, but nearly 40% of us hate them, Mars says.

So a limited run of "No Bounty" tubs will go on sale at 40 Tesco stores in the run-up to Christmas.
Phew, so it's just Tesco selling these "No Bounty" tubs of Celebrations.

Source: Bounty bars removed from Celebrations tubs in trial - BBC News

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What they need is to somehow figure out how to package a French Bounty* so that it comes out fresh and warm every time in a convenient miniaturised format.

*Take a regular or dark Bounty (dark is better) and wrap it liberally in Jus Roll Croissant dough. Bake for 12 minutes in the oven. Enjoy the buttery breadiness just before the pain of the chocolatey cocountey molten goo searing the roof of your mouth.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I remember in the 90s, Quality Street had boxes of one chocolate- green triangles and purple ones. Why can’t Celebrations do individual boxes of the popular ones?

Celebrations are just normal chocolate bars though.. buy a multi pack for £1 from the supermarket it's a lot cheaper ;)

Back
Top Bottom