Branded Stickers?

Soldato
Use a blank space on said sticker to Sharpie on customer name/order number and/or date, this can serve a a warranty period without the need to produce a receipt that could be long lost. It will also give people less reason to remove it or be annoyed they have had something added for no reason other than pure marketing BS.

I feel like this is probably the best option so far to be honest.

I guess the other thing is how much you feel you need to repeat custom, if you're doing a good job then that customer comes back anyway as they already know about you, and no-one else would ever see it anyway?

Soldato
I'd say it depends on who it's aimed at, size and intended placement.

I wouldn't want it but then to be honest I'm not likely to be using your services but a business or a less tech savvy might get some benefit from 'something' they can use to get back in touch with you, maybe including references or something.. You can get those label printers which might work for this too. QR codes could be an option seeing as QR codes seem to be a bit more common these days and they don't need to be excessively large either.

But at the same time it doesn't need to be a sticker, it could be a 'postcard' or a 'thank you' type note supplied with it.

Whatever you do just make sure it's easy to remove... the first thing I've done on EVERY car I've bought is remove the stupid advertising they stick on the car window (I'd do the number plate too if getting replacements weren't such a pita here) and I hate paying for a branded carrier bag in a shop.

Caporegime
You may place your advertising on my PC if you are repairing it for free...
therwise I'm printing the most annoying sticker backing it with super glue and sticking it to your shop window or house door

also flyers straight in the bin, never even read them unless it's those mcdonalds discounts

A business card might go in a kitchen draw but doesn't mean repeat business, they are probably still a waste of money

get a small sticker that covers the camera hole maybe one without adhesive backing, then it's maybe got as purpose even if it's a pointless one

V F

V F

Soldato
I wouldn't waste your money. If I had something repaired and it came back with a sticker on it, I'd be peeling it off straight away. If it came back with a sticker on its backing, it would get binned.

It's funny. There was a time I loved stickers but since at least 2006, I hate the damn things. Look at most people's laptops. They're vile with stickers.

There is nothing worse than people tampering with my stuff.

Soldato
I'd much rather you just give me a business card or something.

I'd probably ask you to remove it before I paid - residue is not a nice thing and I can't imagine why in the world I'd opt to leave it on.

Soldato
I took a look at my boiler yesterday and the chap who serviced it stuck a sticker on with him number. Quite useful tbf.

My guy does this too, and yes it's handy, but my boiler is tucked away in a cupboard and not something I look at every day.

I don't think this forum is your target market tbh, if someone has gone to the effort/expense of making their case look nice, they aren't going to want a sticker on it - a boring beige case on the other hand, I don't think they'll care

Soldato
My guy does this too, and yes it's handy, but my boiler is tucked away in a cupboard and not something I look at every day.

I don't think this forum is your target market tbh, if someone has gone to the effort/expense of making their case look nice, they aren't going to want a sticker on it - a boring beige case on the other hand, I don't think they'll care
Why would a pc enthusiast be paying an IT guy? :confused:

Know your target market

Man of Honour
How else are you guys browsing this forum? :confused::confused:

Was gonna say microwave as a joke - but I remember I went around someone's house a couple of years ago and they'd bought into the whole internet of things and you literally could browse the internet on some of their kitchen stuff :s

Soldato
I'm sure if your target market is people who actually need someone else to repair their computer, they're not going to be too fussed by a sticker. I don't think it's a bad idea, and I think it aligns with the standard boiler service thing of having the date and number on it. That means if the customer calls anyone, it's likely to be you.

As others have said, I really don't think this is the right place to ask. If my grandmother had her PC repaired and someone had left a sticker on it, I'd be surprised if she even noticed.

Back
Top Bottom