Poll: Brazilian Grand Prix 2017, São Paulo - Race 19/20

Rate the 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Driver of the day.

Hamilton, no real other option with a race like that. Pitlane to 5.4s behind the leader.
Alonso and Massa come pretty high up too. Just fighting constantly for 71 laps. :D

That was not a confident win for Ferrari there, couple more back markers getting out of the way quickly could have really put the wind up them with Hamilton.

Caporegime
Stroll is just terrible, of the last 5 races he's qualified a second down 4 times, today I didn't even notice how far behind he was just before his tire went but he was 31 seconds down after about 40 laps, and he drove in such a way that his tire killed itself while he was I'm going to guess around 50-55 seconds behind Massa at that point. Ridiculously slow and still using tires worse with a terrible performance in qualifying.

At what point is the money worth having a complete amateur driver in that team.

Soldato
Driver of the day.

Hamilton, no real other option with a race like that. Pitlane to 5.4s behind the leader.
Alonso and Massa come pretty high up too. Just fighting constantly for 71 laps. :D

That was not a confident win for Ferrari there, couple more back markers getting out of the way quickly could have really put the wind up them with Hamilton.

Without overtaking attempts I don't see it as fighting. The way the cars are Alonso couldn't do any more than just follow Massa closely. It wasn't a fight.

Nice drive by Lewis. Obviously the safety car helped massively, just like when Rubens won from 18th

Was ok to watch but again really there wasn't much going on in the race overall. Two top cars overtaking much slower teams. That's about it.

Soldato
Hahaha did you just see Ted Kravitz showing pictures on his phone then a WhatsApp frrm his mate popped up:

'****'. (4 letter word for a chicken)

Maybe they were planning a cheeky Nandos.

Man of Honour
Nice recovery drive from Hamilton. Some wickedly distant overtakes from Danny Ric. On the downside, Bottas is useless and doesn't deserve that seat. That Grosjean/Ocon incident was weird. From the angles it looked liked they both lost traction at the rear at the same time rather than Grosjean hitting him. It was rather harsh for him to get a penalty for that.

I gave it 6/10 as there were some nice overtakes today.

Last edited:
Associate
More issues for Ferrari.

Parts list changed on Hamilton's car is interesting.
DOcVvi0W4AAVba0.jpg

New spec ICE, Turbo and MGU-H.

What's folks guessed on the value of these parts. Must be close to 7 figures

Caporegime
Unfortunately, I missed the last few laps because I had to pick the missus up from the station. I was hoping to see Lewis on the podium, but doesn't sound like I missed too much. Fun watching Lewis carve his way back through the field and Riccardo did well too. Not a bad race, overall.

Bottas showed that he doesn't have what it takes unfortunately.

Soldato
I'm going against the love in, and thought that this was a pretty average race. Hamilton's drive through the field was nice, but equally exactly as expected. His car was clearly faster than anything else out there on the track. Some nice stuff from Ricciardo, but once again the race director missed some of the good battles. The race was made worse by there being nothing on the outcome.

Soldato
A great recovery drive from Hamilton really helped out by a new PU so I’d pick Ricciardo as driver of the day. He didn’t have such an engine advantage and had some great dives on the brakes.

Caporegime
Is bottas another palmer? I thought he would be better than this.

Hamilton and riccardo made it interesting. Love watching both of them.
This shows how vast the gap is in car performance. Riccardo and Hamilton easily back to where they almost would have been.

Dull race otherwise. As they all are

Back
Top Bottom