Poll: Brazilian Grand Prix 2019, São Paulo - Race 20/21

Rate the 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Caporegime
Vettel always uses his car as a weapon because he doesn't want cars coming back at him, the same thing would have happened at the start a race or two back if Hamilton hadn't taken evasive manouvres to get out of his way. Stewards ignored it as a first corner "do whatever the **** you want" incident so why be surprised when he keeps doing it.

Leclerc did the same thing to someone early in the race today, the stewards don't give a **** except when a driver holds his line and it causes an accident.

Last edited:
Associate
cracking race, decent of Hamilton to hold his hands up......cant imagine vettel ever doing that.
Shame for albon but I guess he will get plenty more chances at a podium so its fitting that gasly got it.

Soldato
In a world of VAR in Football for example, these decisions shouldn't really take that long. Its not like there's a lack of data is there!?! Is F1 really that different from any other sport that makes VAR like decisions in VAR time frames.

Man of Honour
6 drivers (including Sainz) under investigation for using DRS under waved yellow flags.

Both Raikkonen and Giovinazzi are NOT under investigation.

Kimi could be P3.

Man of Honour
No action from Stewards over Vettel and Leclerc collision.

Utter cop out... "both driver had the opportunity avoid or mitigate the inciden, and therefore that neither driver is predominantly at fault"

EJmlkQcWkAESoK3.jpg

EJmlkx9WoAMOEYw.jpg

Soldato
THat race was gifted to Verstappen by them keeping the safety car out after Bottas retired. They could have not let the lapped cars unlap themselves and brought the safety car in 2-3 laps earlier. Bottas' car was well out of the way.

Soldato
Not really. They have to let lapped cars overtake as it's in the rule book. It's a stupid rule, granted, but they can't just pick and choose which ones to follow.

I'm absolutely gutted Sainz didn't get to go up on the podium. The stewards really should have given Ham the penalty immediately.

Soldato
Just saw the highlights on Facebook. The contact between the Ferrari's looked so light yet the damage was as bad as it was! :eek: Feel sorry for Albon dropping down so far but if you leave a door open that much a Max, Lewis, Danny type racer is going to go for it every single time. What also surprised me was the Torro Rosso out dragging the Merc to the line at the end. I know we have different engine settings, tyre wear, engine age etc but that seems to show the Honda is no slouch. Plus Max out dragged Hamilton a few times too. I'll hold my excitement until Australia next year though as Merc have all but stopped updating now whereas RB were probably still going for it to try and get higher in the Constructors.

Still, next year looks like its going to be the closest for years! And then we are going to reset that for 2021... :o:D

Soldato
Just saw the highlights on Facebook. The contact between the Ferrari's looked so light yet the damage was as bad as it was! :eek: Feel sorry for Albon dropping down so far but if you leave a door open that much a Max, Lewis, Danny type racer is going to go for it every single time. What also surprised me was the Torro Rosso out dragging the Merc to the line at the end. I know we have different engine settings, tyre wear, engine age etc but that seems to show the Honda is no slouch. Plus Max out dragged Hamilton a few times too. I'll hold my excitement until Australia next year though as Merc have all but stopped updating now whereas RB were probably still going for it to try and get higher in the Constructors.

The concensus is that Honda has a good electrical system, so is less affected by the high altitude at Sao Paolo. So it's not that the Honda is the best engine, but it's less held back by the thinner air at high altitude. One swallow does not a summer make.

Still, next year looks like its going to be the closest for years! And then we are going to reset that for 2021... :o:D

I wouldn't bet any money on it. It seems like Mercedes have switched development to next years car very early, so I expect them to have their usual early march on the other teams.

Back
Top Bottom