Break checked and crashed

Caporegime
Op needed a faster car not be outdragged by an Audi tbh. And less hesitation on a move he could have done 10 second before ;)

Soldato
Looks like the Audi did actually brake check him, op suddenly gains on him really fast. No need to be braking hard on an exit slip.
However, the fact the Audi is swerving across 2 lanes aggressively moments before and goes on to brake check suggests there has been ongoing road rage prior to all of this and it's all come to a head here. No need for it at all, just pull in begins the golf safely, leave a safe gap and move on. Why on earth try and pass the Audi in that space/situation? It can only be road rage.

I haz 4090!
Don
To be fair wide-angle and dash level mounting on a dashcam does change the perception of how close you are to stuff - especially so with my truck as dash level is higher up - I've had a few instances playing stuff back thinking "was I really that close!?" then realising/remembering I wasn't.

Yeah you're right on things appearing to be closer, but perception has nothing to do with the example I gave.

Soldato
Having seen the second video I’m confused by the Audi.
Why didn’t he accelerate wildly and swerve into the van?

I can semi-emathise with the OP, nail it past the van and cut in ahead of driver that are annoying me.
However I’d have the insight not to post vidoe of me driving like a bell into a crash barrier
It's a speed controlled section of road. Looking at the their relative speed to the Hermes lorry, it looks like they're all well over average for that section. So passing the van would likely be too much of a risk. Might also explain why the Audi braked.

Caporegime
Looks like the Audi did actually brake check him, op suddenly gains on him really fast. No need to be braking hard on an exit slip.
However, the fact the Audi is swerving across 2 lanes aggressively moments before and goes on to brake check suggests there has been ongoing road rage prior to all of this and it's all come to a head here. No need for it at all, just pull in begins the golf safely, leave a safe gap and move on. Why on earth try and pass the Audi in that space/situation? It can only be road rage.

That wasn’t a brake check and the OP drove up his behind and full beamed him before the Audi driver braked. He probably panicked with full beam in his rear view mirror and got distracted.

Soldato
A camera loaded section of motorway doesn't seem like a good place to out bell other drivers.

We see the signpost for the exit and between there and the exit you decide to move to the 3rd lane and get in a double overtake on a speed limited section... just so you could copy the audi hopping 2 lanes at once?

Find something other than stunts on a motorway to get your kicks.

Soldato
Don't people have auto-dimming mirrors now - still looked summer daylightish too.

no 2nd sources for the 2nd video ?
what does that matter? someone flashes you, you'll see it, and some people will slow because people use lights to warn. auto dimmming mirror do not work instantly.

Associate
Finally bothered to watch the video. Yeah it did look like a brake check to me, but IMO it's always the responsibility of the following driver to leave enough space that they can avoid an accident, whatever the car in front does. Also (closely related to the previous point) expect the unexpected - never assume that the cars around you are going to do what you think they should.
Brake checking isn't a great idea obviously, but I'd like to think that if it happened to me it wouldn't result in an accident. In this case it looks like the following driver gave themselves every possible chance of crashing should something unexpected happen, so no surprise that that's exactly what happened. OP, learn from it and move on (good advice to follow whenever anything goes wrong in life...).

Soldato
Finally bothered to watch the video. Yeah it did look like a brake check to me, but IMO it's always the responsibility of the following driver.

The first video (didn't see the second) shows that the closing speed was way higher than it should have been in any situation brake check or not. The closing speed is the OPs fault, no one else on the road. What would happen to op if there was something worth stopping completely for, like an accident or wildlife on the road? Another stupid, fatal multi car pileup

Back
Top Bottom