Breakfast Cereal of choice

Soldato
Hazlenut Krave is my weakness.

I never grew out of loving childish breakfast cereals and my passion was rekindled when they released Krave. I purposely do not buy it for my own good.

I love it with either gold top or hazelnut milk.

Any of you have a cereal weakness?

Soldato
There's no point me buying Crunchy Nut because it'll last about 2hrs. Seriously, I don't buy it :p

We're very boring in the morning and just have overnight oats or porridge. We do occasionally have cornflakes in though. I used to love cheerios.

Permabanned
If it's sugary and preferably chocolaty, I'll devour it 3-4 time4s a day.

I'm a Krave man too, but much prefer the off brand type they sell in Lidl. Get twice as much in the box for half the price and they don't skimp out on the hazelnut filling :)

I'll generally eat any type though, so long as it's acceptable to douse the blander varieties in liberal amounts of sugar.

Soldato
OP
I'm a Krave man too, but much prefer the off brand type they sell in Lidl. Get twice as much in the box for half the price and they don't skimp out on the hazelnut filling :)

Must try this, unfortunately there is no Lidl near me.

Years and years ago Tesco sold a cereal similar to Krave far before its time. It was marketed as luxury adult cereal rather than kids cereal. It was pricey and though krave is my fav available one, this thing was way better. The pillows were bigger and filled with a half solid half liquid filling. I would pay an unreasonable amount to try it again.

Soldato
We make a muesli mix:

Oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, chopped nuts, raisins, sultanas, dried apricot, cocoa powder. Add to that whatever other dried and fresh fruits happen to be on hand.

Permabanned
I heard a while back through the grapevine that Cornflakes where actually invented by John Kellogg as an anti masturbatory tool, it being thought at the time that you couldn't make a duller cereal.

It's one of those things that sounds so ludicrous that it has to contain large nuggets of truth xD

Soldato
Either Krave which has been mentioned or my other favourite is the Clusters cereal which has these delicious white crunchy sugary things in them along with almonds and the cereal itself.

Currently though I'm eating porridge/overnight oats as they are more filling which is what I need for work!

Soldato
OP
Can also highly recommend Jordans Country Crisp Peacan crunch!

Unfortunately i think the recipe has changed and renamed to nutty crunch. Peacans were probably too pricey on their own.

Soldato
Porridge is the only thing that keeps me even remotely full for breakfast. It's ace topped with frozen summer fruits. Also tried mixing in some dates and cinnamon the other day as I had some lying around - that was seriously tasty!

I love weetos and other chocolatey cereals, but I get furiously hungry at about 10:00.

Soldato
There's no point me buying Crunchy Nut because it'll last about 2hrs. Seriously, I don't buy it :p

We're very boring in the morning and just have overnight oats or porridge. We do occasionally have cornflakes in though. I used to love cheerios.

Same here, I destroy cereal if it's in the house, just one more bowl, so just do varying flavours of porridge/overnight oats.

Back
Top Bottom