Breaking News: Shooting on train between Amsterdam and Paris

Soldato
I can't help but think you'll be waiting for a pretty long time for the UN to do anything. They seem to be an armoured rice distribution outfit now.

The IS is breeding a future generation of people that HATE us. Random acts of what the West would call 'terrorism' is going to be a regular occurrence.

In their head they are literally carrying out Gods will. And we are all blasphemers.

Something will have to be done and pretty soon!

Caporegime
You might be right. But I can't see it ensuring the UN grow some teeth, especially if people like Russia still hold veto powers.

Soldato
You might be right. But I can't see it ensuring the UN grow some teeth, especially if people like Russia still hold veto powers.

Fortunately for us, this problem affects almost all countries in the world. The Russians have had issues with Chechnya so you never know what resurgence they might see over there.

I read a few weeks ago how they suspect that the IS are now spreading in to an area in Bosnia. It is going to be their EU base of operations! :eek:

You've obviously heard of the IS 5 year plan?

----

Fortunately all this reminds me a lot of WW2 and the Nazi's. A seemingly powerful force on a 1v1 basis. They will spread and take a lot of land, eventually spread themselves too thin, then the 'Allies' will decide enough is enough and mope them up from multiple fronts.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think IS's current ability to spread out and capture large areas is predominantly down to nobody with the ability to stop them actually caring about defending some areas of northern Africa and the Middle East.

Soldato
To be fair, I haven't heard a Muslim say that Islam is the religion of peace for quite some time. But spokespeople for the Muslim community e.g. MCB definitely used to say it in the wake of a terror attack.

David Cameron used that stupid phase recently. Makes my blood boil when he says that

Soldato
The IS is breeding a future generation of people that HATE us. Random acts of what the West would call 'terrorism' is going to be a regular occurrence.

In their head they are literally carrying out Gods will. And we are all blasphemers.

Something will have to be done and pretty soon!

Iran.

Huge army, strong opposition to IS, close proximity to the situation, already involved.. It's going to get much more complex in that region. The west need to be very careful how they operate, alas that operation is American led so you can count on us being anything but :p

Caporegime
Agree that it does seem that all these terrorists are known to police - just goes to show how many of the buggers there are I reckon. Also agree that there aren't enough people tracking these buggers and enhanced SIGINT (or mass surveillance as the hysterical would put it) won't help track them. What enhanced SIGINT helps with is building a case against them, so they can be put behind bars quicker and the authorities spend less time tracking them.

but there is no case against them built from electronic surveillance because they arnt doing anything illegal there just discussing their ideology.

Permabanned
Agree that it does seem that all these terrorists are known to police - just goes to show how many of the buggers there are I reckon. Also agree that there aren't enough people tracking these buggers and enhanced SIGINT (or mass surveillance as the hysterical would put it) won't help track them. What enhanced SIGINT helps with is building a case against them, so they can be put behind bars quicker and the authorities spend less time tracking them.

What is enhanced SIGINT?

Caporegime
but there is no case against them built from electronic surveillance because they arnt doing anything illegal there just discussing their ideology.

which is why we need to just stop them from entering in the first place - whether the EU or the UK

in the case of the UK the home secretary is happy to use her powers and ban say an american pick up artist because he's offensive to women yet foreigners with questionable views on jews, jihad, gays etc.. have been documented as having spoken at mosques & universities in the UK

frankly if they're 'known' to the intelligence services as this Moroccan was then just ban them, you don't need to build a case they're foreigners, they've got no inherent right to be here. Granted if someone really really wanted to get into the EU via a backdoor route then they could perhaps find a way but it does make things much much harder for them to be able to pull off stuff like this

Caporegime
Wise Guy
Associate
The OP was about an attack on a train, not about corporate interests in the Middle East. It's almost like threads develop and more things become relevant to the thread over time.

It took us five posts to mention a war against Islamic fundamentalism, exploring the attitudes that lead to that sort of thinking is absolutely relevant.

when something happens to the Muslim world and its done by the west the British Muslin council ask questions, when something is done by a Muslin to a western non Muslim the Muslim council don't say a word. Same goes with protests, when the Paris attack took place how many Muslin took to the streets in this country and said not in our name. Until then they have no place in Western countries.
Another thing all these attacks on western citizens do the Muslim world no favours, when have they ever gone for people in power or popular western individuals like Beckham etc..., why because they are too stupid as a race/ religion .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom