BREAKING: Paris landmark, Notre Dame Cathedral, is on fire!

Caporegime
I bet it was accompanied by at least a few comments saying "**** the photographer, why is he taking a picture instead of HELPING THE CHILD ASFGDKFGWJKGAS" with a mixture of reacts and about 200 replies.

Soldato
**** Africa. They can't even be bothered to help themselves in the slightest, so why the hell should we keep shovelling money into that cesspit of a continent?

Harsh but true. We have been pouring money into Africa for over 50 years. It makes no difference, it is a bottomless pit. Any benefit from the expenditure is soaked up by relentless population growth.

Only the Africans can help the Africans and the most important thing they can do is stop breeding!

Permabanned
Harsh but true. We have been pouring money into Africa for over 50 years. It makes no difference, it is a bottomless pit. Any benefit from the expenditure is soaked up by relentless population growth.

Only the Africans can help the Africans and the most important thing they can do is stop breeding!

Then educate the Africanees and give them condoms lol

Associate

If you think that we have been sending them money for the good of the people for decades, you're seriously misinformed. There are other natural resources other than Oil in the world. We have been part of the destabilization in that part of the world for donkey's years.

Soldato
I bet it was accompanied by at least a few comments saying "**** the photographer, why is he taking a picture instead of HELPING THE CHILD ASFGDKFGWJKGAS" with a mixture of reacts and about 200 replies.

Yep They did say that ,that photo won a Pulitzer Prize, it was taken by Kevin Carter who some time later killed himself , some saying it was because of that shot and other terrible things he’d seen

Look him and his photos up

Capodecina
Soldato
**** Africa. They can't even be bothered to help themselves in the slightest, so why the hell should we keep shovelling money into that cesspit of a continent?
Ask the Chinese?

I notice that a definition of Malevolent is "having, showing, or arising from intense often vicious ill will, spite, or hatred" - how appropriate ;)

Soldato
If you think that we have been sending them money for the good of the people for decades, you're seriously misinformed. There are other natural resources other than Oil in the world. We have been part of the destabilization in that part of the world for donkey's years.

The destabilization of Africa, as you put it, (And indeed of much of the rest of the developing world) was as a direct consequence of allowing the wrong side to win WW2.

(By That, I mean the USSR)

Soldato

We could also do things such as not bomb countries like Libya destroying them and bringing back slave trading to the modern era. Or stop imposing heavy tariffs on African farmers so they can't trade effectively with us (EU does that). Or allow them to control their own currencies (France controls several African countries currency production - look it up). It's one thing to say don't throw money at Africa, if you're against foreign aid (I am not). But could you also agree not to actively hold the continent back?

Man of Honour
Particularly in low tax environments like the USA.

The wealthy in the USA donate fantastic amounts to charity. They are expected to do so by their wealthy peers. Not doing so is considered very bad form.

A Wealthy US citizen who gets a reputation for failing to attend charity functions or to give to various foundations will soon find himself ostracized and to be considered to be a Cad!

Please take this in the light hearted manner intended;
I can’t imagine an American being embarrassed at being called a cad or a bounder
he’d probably have to Google both words to establish their meaning anyway.

Soldato
Please take this in the light hearted manner intended;
I can’t imagine an American being embarrassed at being called a cad or a bounder
he’d probably have to Google both words to establish their meaning anyway.

And then they would probabally spell it Kad and Bownder :D

Caporegime
It's nice to see the funding skyrocketing. It's also nice to see it annoy the idiots who hate the continent they choose to live in. Preserving European history > your feelings

Back
Top Bottom