Brewdog shares?

Soldato
I’ve requested a new password so hopefully get that soon.

I thought that but I was able to sell 40 shares in the offer last year which I wouldn’t have been able to do as I’d have been capped lower than that.

Plus at the current price of £23.50 per share it would only put me at 250% and based on their adverts efp3 is up around 500%

Don
I’ve requested a new password so hopefully get that soon.

I thought that but I was able to sell 40 shares in the offer last year which I wouldn’t have been able to do as I’d have been capped lower than that.

Plus at the current price of £23.50 per share it would only put me at 250% and based on their adverts efp3 is up around 500%
If I remember correctly, the £95 was actually for 2 shares so you’ll actually have 200.

Soldato
No I’m sure it was a single share during EFP3.

I think it was during EFP4 that the minimum investment was £95 for 2 shares. Suggesting a possible dilution prior to EFP4

Hopefully I’ll get my password soon and get confirm one way or the other!

Soldato
Just to update this, so i bought 10 shares in EFP3 and i now have 460

I sold 40 in that when TSG invested and gave me that opportunity so at some point one share bought in 2013 (i think) is now worth 50 of the current shares for anyone else not sure what they may have.

I was also reading a post to suggest that you can trade shares privately providing you find a buyer. Obviously demand would be low at the current £22 valuation but i wonder i'd be pretty happy to sell mine around a tenner per share.

Soldato
As a heads up, there's a trading day on the 31st.

Expected price in my eyes is going to be around £15 per share i think, that seems to be what they're been selling for privately on the Brewdog Forum. I've printed off my share selling agreement, although not too expectant that it'll sell as i've set a sell price of £16 on there.

Not sure what's happening down the line. It sounds like they're going to try and issue another IPO for EFP6 which i think will reduce demand on this trading day (along with minimal demand anyway). Doesn't look like a listing is any closer either.

Soldato
Not sure what's happening down the line. It sounds like they're going to try and issue another IPO for EFP6 which i think will reduce demand on this trading day (along with minimal demand anyway). Doesn't look like a listing is any closer either.

Isn't there a danger the listing will never happen and the company will simply be sold off to another larger private brewery company. I read about it when they first started selling shares and it all sounded a bit dubious to be honest given they weren't publicly listed, gave you no voting rights AFAIK and you couldn't actually sell them?

Soldato
Yeah it’s a danger but that’s the same in any privately listed firm. It’s likely to happen at some point but I’d have liked it to have happened by now.

I’ve recouped 50% of my initial investment by selling less than 10% of my shares so it’s definately been a financial success. There have also been quite a few private sales on the investor forum valuing shares around the £15-£20 mark. Which would turn my £950 investment into around £8-£10k

Soldato
It's the Brewdog Trading Day today. Not sure if you took part @Jokester but i stuck a sell order in. Judging by the order book it's 1 buyer who's got a buy order in for £1.2m at £12/share. Not really any other buyers in the market by the looks of it.

Not great for Brewdogs valuation for it to sell this low on the private market. Especially as there is talk of an EFP6 at £23.75. Apparently on the last trading day there was a mystery late buyer who pushed the price up to the EFP selling price so be interesting to see how the day pans out. Although i suppose it's not been advertised so the only potential buyers are those who already hold shares anyway (and who were aware of the trading day)

I'm pulling some cash out today. With having a new house there's still some things need doing and having an extra couple grand will mean we can do things now. Means i'll have sold around £4k worth of shares (if they sell today) including the TSG buyback last year. With still around 160 shares remaining.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I had the 2 shares in issue 3 which were £95 each at the time and found out last week they were now 100 shares. Put them up for sale at a minimum of £10 share today and it looks like £15 was the final price so £190 to £1500 is a right result. Need the cash and am not sure if today's result was good for the company with share price being lower than the last issue......

Soldato
Yes, that jump from £12 to £15 towards the end added a grand to my pot (providing my shares sell which i'm fairly confident they will). I'm happy with that.

I think £15 is a reasonable price, perhaps a little low, but that can be expected due to the lack of awareness around the sale. Especially when you think that there's 3% fees to factor in along with all the perks Brewdog offer to direct buyers such as free beer etc.

It mainly looked like either 1 or 2 very large buyers from what i could tell with the order book, as when the book moved from £12 to £15 per share pretty much instantly with around 50k buy orders going through together. Wouldn't have thought that'd happen if it was lots of smaller sellers.

Back
Top Bottom