Britain out of Ireland!

Caporegime
Amusing how maybe 150 protesters can bring out all the blanket statements on this like its the majority of the population opposing the visit...Then again, when did facts get in the way of a bit of old GD drama? :p

Permabanned
The thing that annoyed me most was the "we should just give the North back to the South" comments on the BBC website when I was watching the live coverage. FROM BLOODY BRITS! Just shows the complete ignorance regarding their own history and politics. What irks me even more is when they call Loyalists bigoted for celebrating the 12th of July. "It's triumphalism about an old war and killing catholics" they say. It's a celebration of one of the most important battles in a war that gave England a King who gave more power to the people than any Monarch before him (Glorious Revolution) who was part of the League Of Augsburg which member states included the Holy Roman Empire and was a war against French expansion. So you're ****ing lucky we celebrate the win or you could be eating frogs legs proclaiming "Sacre Bleu!" to everything and spend all day admiring art and making love instead of being the loud mouth, football hooligan, beer swilling simpletons you have become. Now shut the **** up and get back to Jeremy Kyle. Your sisters on in a minute and she's really your mum.

Man of Honour
The thing that annoyed me most was the "we should just give the North back to the South" comments on the BBC website when I was watching the live coverage. FROM BLOODY BRITS! Just shows the complete ignorance regarding their own history and politics. What irks me even more is when they call Loyalists bigoted for celebrating the 12th of July. "It's triumphalism about an old war and killing catholics" they say. It's a celebration of one of the most important battles in a war that gave England a King who gave more power to the people than any Monarch before him (Glorious Revolution) who was part of the League Of Augsburg which member states included the Holy Roman Empire and was a war against French expansion. So you're ****ing lucky we celebrate the win or you could be eating frogs legs proclaiming "Sacre Bleu!" to everything and spend all day admiring art and making love instead of being the loud mouth, football hooligan, beer swilling simpletons you have become. Now shut the **** up and get back to Jeremy Kyle. Your sisters on in a minute and she's really your mum.

Your post is no less ignorant than those on the BBC website.

LOL at this thread.

Soldato
They're a British Football Club.

Celtic are a Scottish club with strong Irish roots.

As for the 12th of July parades in Ireland, they are nothing but antogonising, sectarian, triumphalism chest beating marches which always seem to be routed through Catholic areas. I was caught up in one going through Glasgow and was forced to interact when a knuckle dragger tried to spit on my son becasue he was wearing a green jumper. Ban all marches and be done with them, tradition my ass.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you know, then it begs the question what the big deal is?

Economics has nigh on nothing to do with their ideological struggle. It's like the Scots calling for independence, they're clueless to the fact that their economy wouldn't be self-sufficient.

These people are not the world's best and brightest, as I'm sure you realise.

yeah based on what? We have proof they'll be screwed on their own? Sources?

Permabanned
I think people here have a better idea on these things than you, to be fair.

Lol. Just lol.

So the fact that, according to the ONS, Scotland is a net economic burden on the UK and net tax consumer means nothing? Do me a favour. In some areas of Scotland over 70% of people are employed directly by the public sector.

I don't think you have any idea, pal.

yeah based on what? We have proof they'll be screwed on their own? Sources?

As above. National statistics on this kind of thing are taken for a reason. IIRC A recent BBC poll suggested 60% of Scots did not consider independence a foreground political issue, largely because they could not be self-sufficient economically.

And frankly speaking, what does Scotland produce that could support it's entire economy? Let's be realistic here. North Sea Oil is not enough. Scottish whiskey is not enough. As previously stated, Scotland is a net tax consumer in the UK, this fact alone is a glaring logical fallacy in the entire Scottish independence argument.

It's basic economics ffs. If you don't produce more than you consume, you cannot be self-sufficient.

Associate
OP
Actually we have English and Scottish football clubs. The 'Welsh' teams play in the English league. (In fact one of them is playing right now on Sky Sports 1).

But, I think the point was Celtic are a British club, Scotland being part of Great Britain.

With all the will in the world some people will never get it, not because they don't get it, but rather because they don't want to. Yea you're spot on. The club shirt and country sits within 'Britain' and his banner reads 'Britain out of Ireland'

Match day must be a painfully ironic experience for the young scrubber.

Man of Honour
Why do some Irish people have such a problem with being part of the UK/England? Wales and Scotland seem to be doing quite well out of the whole arrangement.

Hundreds of years of oppression probably has something to do with it. For those who live in the past it's still sore. For the rest of us, it's history.

A lot of people, especially in the north, tend to focus on what happened hundreds of years ago an rather than focusing on what should happen now and in the future.

Associate
Ah, good old OcUK... it never fails to shine when given an opportunity to show just how bigotted and imbecilic it's patrons are. Not that the mods are much better; a thread celebrating Kwerk's work is shut down sharpish, but despite several complaints made against the many offensive posts in this thread, nothing is done. Quel surprise.

Well, go **** yourselves OcUK. Buh bye :)

Associate
OP
Ah, good old OcUK... it never fails to shine when given an opportunity to show just how bigotted and imbecilic it's patrons are. Not that the mods are much better; a thread celebrating Kwerk's work is shut down sharpish, but despite several complaints made against the many offensive posts in this thread, nothing is done. Quel surprise.

You should get some banners made and burn a stick of ram or two in the street.

Caporegime

So folks bids on his next post, minutes hours or days?

Back
Top Bottom