**British Armed Forces Discussion Thread**

TBH I much preferred the SLR to the L85 as I could shoot it left handed.
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif
(left eye shooty emoji checks out)

:rolleyes:
Tobias Ellwood - "was probably looking at the financially vulnerable with a view that they may be coerced in exchange for cash" :cry: The list is vast no doubt!

I'm not overly concerned. However, for an organisation that bleats on about information security so much... I mean come on!

Well after 15 good years I've finally decided to call it quits, made it official last week. I wouldnt say I'm disgruntled with the Army. I've got my gripes but I've had a very good run of it and the army has been good to me over the years. Had great experiences, brilliant jobs and met more amazing people than I can remember (and just as many ***** :rolleyes:). I could hang around for a bit longer and very likely I'd pick up Staffy off the next board. However, I'm just not interested in the potential future job roles. I've potentially got another 9 years left to push and no intention of completing that time. I never intended to complete the full term. My intention from that start was to keep going till I felt it was the right time. To be fair I've probably kicked that can down the road for a few more years than I should have but I've very much enjoyed the current job role and kept extending. Time has come though. Just a year to push now and I intend to make the most of this year. I'm going to rinse the system for all its worth whilst still putting my 100% in to the current role.
Looking forward to the next chapter, already got the feelers out with a few potential leads.

Depending on what pension scheme you're on, sure you can't push out another 3 - 5 years? You're giving up a lot of cash in EDP/Pension. No option for a move, transfer to another cap badge or even Navy/RAF? But saying that, if you've made it official, standby for a promotion offer soon :cry:

I'm sure you know the above, but i like this guy as he knows his stuff and he explains it very well; even pongo's can understand it ;)

But they say you know when you're time is done! Good luck whatever you decide to do and thank you for your cervix.

Last edited:
Cheers, you can bet I've spent many hours looking at the financials of it. I'm acutely aware of what I'm giving up, yes it can be quite substantial. However, its most definitely time, I'm ready to move on, have been for some time. I've spent that last 6 months down the rabbit hole for a switch over to Signals (Supervisor). I was hoping it would reinvigorate my passion/motivation/drive, but it just wasnt what I was looking for.
If I could continue doing what I do at the moment without all of the nonsense/complications of the military (ie as a civvie/civil servant) I'd be happy as a pig in ****, but thats not really a reality.
I've worked a lot with the Navy/RFA over the last few years (CIS) and have considered a switch over to RFA, whilst it remains an option not sure if its a route I want to go down in the long term though.

Back
Top Bottom