British Grand Prix 2013, Silverstone - Race 8/19

We have never had this many punctures with any other tyre manufacturer.

I'd like to see some proofof that statement.

Yup. Haven't had problems with the kerbs before.

Kerbs get altered. Let's wait and see what caused it before all the kneejerk rants :)

Oh please don't. As if in the history of F1 the underdog has never won. Vettel was probably the favourite but it was or is far from a foregone conclusion. Why bother watching if your so certain?

Lewis certainly agreed with me pre-race. Mercedes tyre issues have been there all season for people to see while Vettel has been getting stronger and stronger on the tyres. Lewis lost 2nd probably, certainly not a win. As certain of It I was, others are clearly certain Lewis was going to win it, after all "Vettel lucked into another win".

If they can be so certain Vettel wasn't going to win why don't you have a pop at them?

Oh yeah it's Lewis.

Well of course tyres are getting damaged if there are marbles all over the track.

Who let kids mess around on the circuit with these pattern filled glass spheres......

its tyre lottery today.. more so than most!

could this push pirelli out of f1?

Personally ill still buy pirelli tyres but i can see this affecting sales!

An interesting dilemma for the drivers, race hard and win but risk a puncture or race gentle and risk losing

I don't really think the curbs are the issue. If they release them from behind the SC and we have another or certainly 2 go pop I expect them to red flag the race...

its tyre lottery today.. more so than most!

could this push pirelli out of f1?

Personally ill still buy pirelli tyres but i can see this affecting sales!

they should give ling long a chance
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Linglong/L688.htm

lol that review and comments :D
Do not buy these tyres unless your a drifter!

So many people have wrote funny things about how bad these tyres are , so I will just say "if you want to live long , don't buy linglong!"
lol

I don't know much about f1 tyre construction but I assume the way they fail is due to construction however I think blame has to lie with FIA due to them wanting tyres that do degrade. The teams should have some blame too for vetoing the change and not agreeing to any test.

But yey racing again.

Hardly call it tyre lottery. Even some which haven't exploded and had cuts on them, if they had stayed out a few more laps they would have gone.

I don't really think the curbs are the issue. If they release them from behind the SC and we have another or certainly 2 go pop I expect them to red flag the race...

In a way i'd like to see another couple go just to see if they would red flag it, it would be a PR disaster for Pirelli.

Trouble is, it's clearly very dangerous when it does happen so on that front i'd rather they're fine.

I can't belive they haven't done anything. Like issue a statement no one will run on kerbs (drive though penalty or something), or red flag it.

Back
Top Bottom