British Grand Prix 2013, Silverstone - Race 8/19

Man of Honour
Interesting to see that both sidewalls were still on the rim and all of the tread part of the carcass had completely come off.

Considering that part of the Pirelli test with Mercedes was with potential alternative tyres for this year to prevent tyre failures - and the changes were binned due to several of the teams refusing to even consider a change even on safety grounds.

Wonder if they'll reconsider now?

Soldato
Interesting to see that both sidewalls were still on the rim and all of the tread part of the carcass had completely come off.

Considering that part of the Pirelli test with Mercedes was with potential alternative tyres for this year to prevent tyre failures - and the changes were binned due to several of the teams refusing to even consider a change even on safety grounds.

Wonder if they'll reconsider now?

I think it's only Force India\Ferrari\Lotus that don't want the new tires.

Man of Honour
Pirelli have said that Perez's tyre failed due to a cut in the sidewall and not linked to their delamination issues or the different adhesive they have changed to.

I'm not sure I entirely believe that. So far ALL the tyre failures this year have been due to cuts in the tyre.

Man of Honour
Pirelli have said that Perez's tyre failed due to a cut in the sidewall and not linked to their delamination issues or the different adhesive they have changed to.

I'm not sure I entirely believe that. So far ALL the tyre failures this year have been due to cuts in the tyre.

Lol, I don't believe a single word that comes from Pirelli.

Caporegime
Also.

Are we heading for a natural 3 division system in f1 where ferrari/Mercedes/red bull fight for1st in wcc and lotus/fi/mclaren/sauber/ torro rosso/Williams next and finally the rest

Back
Top Bottom