Poll: British Grand Prix 2018, Silverstone - Race 10/21

Rate the 2018 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Apparently Santino Ferrucci the guy who hit is own team mate in F2. Tried to run a Donald Trump, Make America Great Again livery at Sliverstone. Obliviously could just be someone trolling, but there's a copy of the letter where FIA refused this.
He's got a 4 race ban (2 race weekends) for intentionally hitting Maini as well. Odd considering how bright and forward thinking Trump supporters are known to be.

*Edit*
In fact it appears it wasn't just an on-track problem, and it wasn't just Ferrucci himself but his father as well:

Trident said:
Trident intends to show their solidarity and support to @ArjunMaini__ and his family, for the unsportsmanlike and above all uncivilized behavior that he was forced to endure not only during this last weekend by Santino Ferrucci and father, who accompanied him.

The contractual implications of what has happened will be dealt with by our lawyers. Never in these 12 years of sporting activity has anything even close to this ever occurred. We apologize for the show that we have regretfully offered.

Last edited:
Soldato
This entirely follows John Gabriels internet theory; Normal sane person + Anonymity + an audience = a-holes.
Not really, football fans are quit similar to how they act behind there keyboards.

F1 fans who go to races are not. You will see vettel/ferrari fans having a laugh and celebrating with merc/hamilton fans.

You wont ever see man city fans do the same with man united fans

Permabanned
Everyone is proper civil and no trolling from anyone.

This is because the word "trolling" is artificial, doesn't exist in real life but only in movies and the forums.
I am 100% sure the same arguments about who was right and who was wrong in these racing events happen in real face-to-face dialogues but no one ever accuses the other side of "trolling".

Soldato
He got punted off by his rivals team mate and therefore lost the opportunity of going into the lead of the championship, I think it's fair for him to be annoyed. Who wouldn't in that situation?

It was a racing incident, one that may not have happened if Lewis had got off to a better start, he didn't and got bogged down at the start. What would the points be if Verstappen hadn't taken Vettel out in the Chinese GP... what if...

How he could possibly think that Kimi did that on purpose and it was Ferrari strategy is just crazy.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Lol at title of that video, was **** poor fight back where everyone moved out of the way. No skill required for that just drs rubbish
Remind me, how many F1 races have you won?

Even if you aren’t a Hamilton fan, you’d struggle to find another instance in the V6 era where someone has passed so many cars in so few laps.

You say DRS rubbish but it’s actually been one of the better uses of it this year, where cars were able to get alongside but not sail past.

Soldato
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/new...nd-ferrari-tactics/ar-AAzMdeF?ocid=spartandhp

Vettel hits back over Hamilton’s accusation of underhand Ferrari tactics

When asked if he felt the move by Raikkonen was deliberate, the Brit replied: “All I would say is that in two races the Ferraris have taken out one of the Mercedes. In the future, we have got to position ourselves better so we are not exposed to the red cars because who knows when that is going to happen again."

Responding to Hamilton’s remarks, Vettel said: “It’s quite silly to think anything that happened was deliberate. I would struggle to be that precise to take somebody out.
In France, I lost my wing so I screwed my race. There wasn’t any intention and I find it a bit unnecessary to even go there.”

Soldato
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/new...nd-ferrari-tactics/ar-AAzMdeF?ocid=spartandhp

Vettel hits back over Hamilton’s accusation of underhand Ferrari tactics

When asked if he felt the move by Raikkonen was deliberate, the Brit replied: “All I would say is that in two races the Ferraris have taken out one of the Mercedes. In the future, we have got to position ourselves better so we are not exposed to the red cars because who knows when that is going to happen again."

Responding to Hamilton’s remarks, Vettel said: “It’s quite silly to think anything that happened was deliberate. I would struggle to be that precise to take somebody out.
In France, I lost my wing so I screwed my race. There wasn’t any intention and I find it a bit unnecessary to even go there.”
You are behind the curve mate.

https://www.racefans.net/2018/07/09/hamilton-accepts-raikkonens-apology-for-collision/
Hamilton accepts Raikkonen’s apology for collision

Lewis Hamilton says he accepts Kimi Raikkonen’s apology for their first-lap collision in the British Grand Prix.

The Mercedes driver initially accused the Ferrari pair of “interesting tactics” following the second first-lap collision involving the teams’ drivers in three races. He later said the post-race press conference that he did not have concerns over the team’s tactics.

“Kimi said sorry and I accept it and we move on. It was a racing incident and nothing more,” said Hamilton.

“Sometimes we say dumb **** and we learn from it,” he added.

Soldato
Remind me, how many F1 races have you won?

Even if you aren’t a Hamilton fan, you’d struggle to find another instance in the V6 era where someone has passed so many cars in so few laps.

You say DRS rubbish but it’s actually been one of the better uses of it this year, where cars were able to get alongside but not sail past.

Seb done pretty much the same at France a few weeks ago and most were raging he got driver of the day :) F1 done a similar video of it and all his passes were DRS down a straight like most of Hamilton's, very little opposition to either driver when coming back through the field.

Caporegime
I'd rather 100 Lewis Hamiltons than 2 Kimis.

I dont mind that he gets down. Its not like hes whining like some of the other drivers. He just shows his emotions. I think it makes him more real and he genuinely wants to win. Felt like he thought he had let down the fans. And what he said on the podium felt real.

He handles disappointment a lot better than Grosjean let's say who just whines

Im not a Hamilton supporter either

Most Of the passes were pretty basic, but I still dont think many other drivers would have made that ground

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I think people hate on Hamilton because he's had a rather public golden ticket to the top of F1, but he hasn't got there without being without doubt one of the best talents in the drivers seat.

I'm not a fan, I prefer a more laid back Button I think he's more of a role model and with Hamilton being young he came across quite badly many a time, as has Max. It's a maturity thing and being so public and having your heart on your sleeve as a young man makes it hard for others to shake that image of you. I'm of a similar nature and have found the same to be true in my own life. People hold onto stuff rather than see things for what they are today.

There is no doubt Hamilton wanted to bring that car home on the top step for the fans, the people that have elevated him to where he is and kept him there. Although these drivers are well compensated, they all are, it's a job to most of them and it's just normal to be around with millions to your name. It does however seem rare that some drivers haven't forgotten they're there to put on a show, to win races not just for themselves but for their fans and their teams. Hamilton seems to have all that in mind, and that pressure is going to bring out alsorts when you're trying to push it to the limit.

The problem with F1 right now is the media are hanging onto alsorts of minor dramas to make them into big stories as the races are becoming stale after the first couple laps unless someone bins it and we get a Safety Car. A fight between Ferrari and Merc in the media gets views and gets people paid so they push these stories like its a big deal. I personally feel the teams and drivers all have a big mutual respect for one another and despite going all out to beat each other once the adrenaline has passed they're no less friendly to one-another than we are (Ok, maybe bad analogy there!) :D

At least we could see this being a close one this year, but whoever wins the title this time around it won't be one of the great seasons or great drives. I can barely bring myself to watch the highlights now to be honest. It's boring :(

Man of Honour
At least we could see this being a close one this year, but whoever wins the title this time around it won't be one of the great seasons or great drives. I can barely bring myself to watch the highlights now to be honest. It's boring :(

I have stopped watching except for this as it is our home gp. I can’t even stand the highlights anymore as there are so few. This is coming from someone who has been to a good few races.

The championship will be close, but it hasn’t really been a battle between the two at the front.

Back
Top Bottom