Poll: British Grand Prix 2018, Silverstone - Race 10/21

Rate the 2018 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Permabanned
Baku 2017 - "He brake tested me!"

Hamilton was unnecessarily slow following the SC in a 90° narrow and blind corner. Actually, he almost stopped, perhaps the speed was around 20km/h.
There was no way for Sebastian to just stop there, the likelihood that someone behind him would hit him on the other side, was extremely high!

hardly clutching at straws when it looked so obvious

kimi locking up = hit job on Hamilton ok lol

Obvious. Kimi was fighting for a position first of all. Second of all was that Bottas was directly in front of him and he couldn't have taken the corner with higher speed.
And third of all is that Hamilton should have moved further to the left to leave space for both of them at the same time in the apex of the corner.

Man of Honour
Hamilton was unnecessarily slow following the SC in a 90° narrow and blind corner. Actually, he almost stopped, perhaps the speed was around 20km/h.
There was no way for Sebastian to just stop there, the likelihood that someone behind him would hit him on the other side, was extremely high!

Vettel should not have been so close. Hamilton eased off, as is his right as the leader, but the telemetry confirmed he did nothing wrong. Then Vettel deliberately drove into him. Not Vettels finest moment.

Last edited:
Soldato
And third of all is that Hamilton should have moved further to the left to leave space for both of them at the same time in the apex of the corner.
All of the pundits I heard discussing it (including ex F1 drivers) said that Lewis left adequate room.

If Kimi hadn’t locked up there would have been plenty of space.

I know you hate Hamilton, but take your blinkers off for a second, there’s no way he was at fault for the T3 collision.

You can argue with the punishment being inconsistent all you like, but the Stewards still came to the conclusion that it was Kimi’s fault.

Soldato
All of the pundits I heard discussing it (including ex F1 drivers) said that Lewis left adequate room.

If Kimi hadn’t locked up there would have been plenty of space.

I know you hate Hamilton, but take your blinkers off for a second, there’s no way he was at fault for the T3 collision.

You can argue with the punishment being inconsistent all you like, but the Stewards still came to the conclusion that it was Kimi’s fault.
spot on

Soldato

Obvious. Kimi was fighting for a position first of all. Second of all was that Bottas was directly in front of him and he couldn't have taken the corner with higher speed.
Kimi admitted it was his fault. go on try and talk your way out of that!

Soldato
Kimi was at fault and admitted it.

I don't agree with the accusation that it was deliberate. Sounded like radio discussion had gone on that wasn't broadcast. Kimi saying comments made about his driving, Lewis talking about tactics. They'd only just got out the cars.

Associate
If it was deliberate then kimi must be the best driver in history. Managed to lock his brakes for just the correct amount of time in the exact spot to knock Lewis around but him be fine.

This, it would be a ridiculous tactic to employ from Ferrari, far too much risk, you can clearly see Kimi locking up and going straight on. Although Hamilton left space it still wasn't going to be enough, nothing more he could have done. Just move on, you win some you loose some. Throwing rubbish like this about doesn't do anyone any favours and doesn't really do the sport any favours accusing of bad sportsmanship.

Back
Top Bottom