British Superyacht sinks off Siciliy

Man of Honour
I noticed this story this morning that a British Flagged superyacht had sunk off Sicily after a storm but reports earlier suggested it wasn't Brits on board.

Now its being reported that the yacht belongs to UK Tech billionaire Mike Lynch and he's been reported as missing:

https://news.sky.com/story/mike-lyn...esian-yacht-sinks-off-sicilian-coast-13199765

If it wasn't for the Storm I'd have wondered if HP had borrowed one of Boeing's "whistle-blower finders" given they recently lost their court case in the UK against Lynch.

Last edited:
Now i'm not a nautical man nor am I a sea dweller but that being said, shouldn't boats have some god awful annoying alarm if you leave a door/window open when you shouldn't. My fridge gets furious if I leave the door open for 30s. There was another expensive yacht recently that went down supposedly from someone leaving a big hole in the side of the boat open.

Now i'm not a nautical man nor am I a sea dweller but that being said, shouldn't boats have some god awful annoying alarm if you leave a door/window open when you shouldn't. My fridge gets furious if I leave the door open for 30s. There was another expensive yacht recently that went down supposedly from someone leaving a big hole in the side of the boat open.

They have bilge pumps and bilge alarms etc. Not to mention even the most incompetent crew will know to seal hatches etc

Edit: Shouldn't theorise really, RIP, immensely sad situation and likely incredibly unlucky in the circumstances as would take a lot to sink it straight up :(

Last edited:
Grim :(

During rescue efforts, divers saw "corpses through the portholes" of the wreck as they recovered the body of a man at a depth of 50m (164ft), according to Salvo Cocina, the head of the Civil Protection of Sicily.

A new identity on the Cayman Islands?

The Simpsons did it.

Strangely looks like him too.

That’s like the MS Estonia wreck. When divers went down to that, even months later, they could still see the panic stricken dead faces of passengers at the cabin windows. Can’t tell you how much that would freak me out and affect me mentally, I’d probably need counselling

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom