brute force attack on linux encrypted volume

Associate
Why would you clone the drive? You wouldn't brute force the whole drive everytime, you'd brute force one section of the drive in memory.

My understanding was the issue here is time and cost is less important, im sure he threw a figure of £15k out there. As I understand it he's brute forcing millions of passwords, so why not break that list down into chunks and run 1 chunk of passwords on each cloned drive. More drives, less time.

Man of Honour
Just go to the local copshop and tell them that there is information on the drive relating to terrorism. They'll crack it to find out the data and then when they find nothing, they'll return it :p :p

Soldato
Just go to the local copshop and tell them that there is information on the drive relating to terrorism. They'll crack it to find out the data and then when they find nothing, they'll return it :p :p

I suspect if the OP is reluctant to tell us what's on it, he'll want to keep it well away from the rozzers :)

Soldato
OP
Any dons on want to lock this thread, in 6 months, ill give a Don the rough outline and take a Permaban and 3 poos via letter box if they don't agree they would do the same?

Well I'll buy a top end video card ~£300 to be given to a forum member using some method devised by the dons?

don will need to remember to contact me in 6 months to put up or get out...

Wise Guy
Soldato
I'm not sure how it would work since the keyfile should always be kept seperate from the volume. So you would have lets say an AES encrypted drive (with 64 different keys plus a 65th for making initilization vectors), but the gpg encrypted keyfile is on some usb stick in a safety deposit box, or on a remote server somewhere...

Back
Top Bottom