BT Full Fibre 900 (FTTP) with AC Tri-band or WiFi 6 Mesh

Soldato
Ethernet adapters are available for all the Fire TV products

Yes, it’s a bit “Really?” Though. Plug the Micro-USB power and Ethernet cables into the adapter then plug that into the micro-usb port on the Fire device. Even with the Cube, which surely has enough surface area to house an RJ45 cable. It works very well, it just doesn’t feel very elegant.

Caporegime
Amazon are bad at designing things. Contrast it with the Chromecast ethernet adaptors which replace the charger and place a network socket on it, a world of difference.

Associate
Fwiw I've actually been trying to squeeze the most out of my Fibre 900 over Wi-fi in the last few days, I have a couple of AX capable smartphones and no doubt this years consoles will be Wifi 6 compatible so I sold/upgraded in my existing setup for some ZenWifi AX routers. Connected one directly to the ONT and then a dedicated 5G backhaul to the other. Not bad so far and definitely shows the potential there.

Over AC ( non-Wifi 6 device )
iPy6v6hm.jpg

Over AX ( Wifi 6 device )
T0xrFEfm.jpg
How do you rate the zen routers? Are they easy to set up?

Soldato
Fwiw I've actually been trying to squeeze the most out of my Fibre 900 over Wi-fi in the last few days, I have a couple of AX capable smartphones and no doubt this years consoles will be Wifi 6 compatible so I sold/upgraded in my existing setup for some ZenWifi AX routers. Connected one directly to the ONT and then a dedicated 5G backhaul to the other. Not bad so far and definitely shows the potential there.

Over AC ( non-Wifi 6 device )
iPy6v6hm.jpg

Over AX ( Wifi 6 device )
T0xrFEfm.jpg
I have a gigabit connection and I'm very interested in this. Did you get 2 ZenWifi AX routers? Trying to get as fast as possible speed to my PC without being wired to the main router. I am wondering, with the 2nd AX router acting as a node over AiMesh, if you plug something into the gigabit port on the node router what kind of speeds are you getting?

My plan is to have 1 ZenWifi AX router as the router, the other as a node next to my PC and an ethernet cable from the node to to my PC in the hope of getting something somewhat close to that 781Mbps you were getting over wifi 6. I would assume this would give somewhere near these speeds but would be great to get a confirmation.

Soldato
How do you rate the zen routers? Are they easy to set up?

I have a gigabit connection and I'm very interested in this. Did you get 2 ZenWifi AX routers? Trying to get as fast as possible speed to my PC without being wired to the main router. I am wondering, with the 2nd AX router acting as a node over AiMesh, if you plug something into the gigabit port on the node router what kind of speeds are you getting?

My plan is to have 1 ZenWifi AX router as the router, the other as a node next to my PC and an ethernet cable from the node to to my PC in the hope of getting something somewhat close to that 781Mbps you were getting over wifi 6. I would assume this would give somewhere near these speeds but would be great to get a confirmation.

I had three , twin pack and a single pack ( difficult to obtain ) . Setup was fairly straight forward, sometimes the Asus AI would struggle to add a node but performing this with them side by side then distancing them on general was the solution and being in the same fw.

Using them in mesh mode is all about coverage not bandwidth, setting them up in AP mode with the same ssid got the most out of them for me.

I used this along with an Ethernet backhaul leaving the second and more powerful (iirc) 5ghz band free for any very high bandwidth clients.

Back
Top Bottom