BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
Thanks I've looked but none of those seem to offer FTTP for my area actually not tried talk talk will have a look. I looked at Vodafone and Sky neither seemed to offer over 67

Soldato
How long was it between placing the order and the live date?
1 Day, ordered yesterday, supposed to go live today. Though from my account and having just spoken to a representative, he's confirmed it went live yesterday. He said to give it 2 weeks for the speed to increase but from my experience it's normally increased straight away.

Soldato
Fancy posting a speedtest result? As a fellow Sky customer, I'm curious to see what you get now.

AA124-C23-2-D6-A-4-A27-9-FE4-BC1-CED4-C29-D2.png

That’s what I’m getting next to the router. I’d have expected at least 800+ by now.

Soldato
Yes it’s Wifi. Using the sr203 Hub. I may just go back to the ultrafast connection if the hub doesn’t make use of the full speed. I’d have even been happy with 700mb.

If you’re only using WiFi, definitely not worth going for the 900 package.

On my smarthub 2, which is a 4x4 MU MIMO device, I get 650 at a push in ideal conditions :)

Over Ethernet, 920.

Soldato
Ah it makes sense guys. Having read up, most get the speed advertised via Ethernet. Think ill revert back to my old package as most devices are on Wi-Fi.

Downgraded back to Ultrafast+ and got it cheaper then what I was paying for it before.

Last edited:
Associate
Never had a single problem with outages or slow downs on BT FTTP service. Minor point but could be annoying for some. When you have it installed you tell them where you want the white modem, not the other way round. I know too many folk with the modem on the floor. Couple of neighbours specified the location and BT did it for them. My speed has never dropped below 850Mbps yet and I have had it a year and a half now.

y4ma46C-MYqjV-r1CaiQQmMdijXLSHYcwroUnJ7IITLHXT59E3_rZwZCSXXsllAEcORruGChPPbLo4bFsAgFIfNbQK1vLPFiXJioM0yngjPdhmEWEGVAsIxinQdSki_3QXa96OPc7hH3AxYdZJJONgk7qHiun226GX3Xq4aR3S6cIo_NYsae1ApERnengoDN1Iy

Back
Top Bottom