BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Associate
Hmmm just curious but I really want to look into FTTP and I used a link provided previously and this was the result:

0OwDykL.png

Does this mean I can or can't get FTTP and if so does anyone have any idea how I actually go about ordering this lol as I tried to contact BT before and the person I spoke to was well let's just say didn't know what I was talking about.

Cheers in advance.

Caporegime
Because it's 'on demand' it means that you'll be within a certain distance of a Fibre node and they could run a feed from it to your house. Usually at your expense. If it's more than a few dozen metres this could potentially cost hundreds if not thousands of pounds. Try calling Zen and ask them about it as they'll likely be more able to answer your questions than some BT sales person who's knowledge extends to the training they've had on putting sales through the system. Andrews & Arnold are another FTTP option, but not cheap.

Associate
Can you post the modem stats?

BTW, your phone number is showing.

Line stats as requested from the Home Hub 5;

3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 14/06/16
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 1 days, 17:24:39
6. Data rate: 14074 / 38033
7. Maximum data rate: 14074 / 38258
8. Noise margin: 5.9 / 6.6
9. Line attenuation: 16.9 / 14.2
10. Signal attenuation: 17.0 / 13.1

Soldato
Because it's 'on demand' it means that you'll be within a certain distance of a Fibre node and they could run a feed from it to your house. Usually at your expense. If it's more than a few dozen metres this could potentially cost hundreds if not thousands of pounds. Try calling Zen and ask them about it as they'll likely be more able to answer your questions than some BT sales person who's knowledge extends to the training they've had on putting sales through the system. Andrews & Arnold are another FTTP option, but not cheap.

My check shows FTTP as avaliable but when i phoned ZEN they said its not... :rolleyes:

Soldato
We have one month to go until our initial Infinity1 deal is up (~£10pcm for broadband, plus 12 month line rental up front for ~£183 IIRC) and we have three days to take up our "personal offer" of...

Inifinty2 Unlimited for £14pcm with a 24 month contract

Which is far better than the £25pcm out Inifinity1 will revert to in a month!

Thing is, we are hoping to move, hopefully before the end of 2016. it looks like we can move without penalty and simply carry the remaining contract with us?

Will we have to pay activation at new house if we move?

Is that £14pcm for the whole 24 month contract?

Not sure what to do right now, given the Topcashback deals for switching suppliers!

Soldato
You usually have to recontract to get free line activation when moving. I guess they might waive that requirement if you've recently recontracted anyway but I wouldn't count on it.

POB

POB

Soldato
I had Plusnet Fibre activated yesterday.

Openreach came and installed a new socket, (no filtered port just as bog standard faceplate)

Connection doesn't work :( Out of sync.

Line tests OK.

They are sending a new router, if not its an engineer visit.

Any VDSL router recommendations as I can get one delivered quicker then they can send one to speed up the process.

Back
Top Bottom