BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
Ok, so I guess the cable that's running from the pole has both fibre and copper in it. I think that's known as hybrid cable.

The copper line will be connected back to the same point as the old cable was so I would expect that your VDSL service was still active via the new NTE5.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Ok, so I guess the cable that's running from the pole has both fibre and copper in it. I think that's known as hybrid cable.

The copper line will be connected back to the same point as the old cable was so I would expect that your VDSL service was still active via the new NTE5.
Ah. I was wondering about that. Makes sense. I didn’t think to check the new NTE5. I was too busy running every speed-test known to man.

“WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

Soldato
Understandable. I did exactly the same thing though the difficulty was finding a test that gave realistic numbers.

I'll still randomly send a colleague who is stuck on < 6Mbps ADSL a screenshot of a speed test just to annoy him.

Soldato
I'm surprised they're even bothering to set profiles in the CPE. Seems like an odd way to do it when they're having to set them elsewhere in the network so that people using their own routers aren't getting full line speed from their connections.

Caporegime
It makes sense to QoS traffic as early as possible rather than blasting it into the buffer on the ONT. Doing it on the Smart Hub means you can ensure that your BT TV and VoIP services don't get impacted by high usage, and you can put stuff like the Fon Wi-Fi at the lowest priority.

Associate
Managed to get my mums new FTTP service on the Full Fibre 100 (150mbs) for £34.99pcm from here - bt.com/newfullfibre

£105 topcashback on top too

Pretty happy with that but a bit miffed some have gotten it for £29.99pcm!

That's pretty good, How did you manage that?
If you went through Topcashback, what option did you select?

When I go through TCB when it directs me to BT site price goes up £39pm

Soldato
That's pretty good, How did you manage that?
If you went through Topcashback, what option did you select?

When I go through TCB when it directs me to BT site price goes up £39pm

I clicked through to TCB which as you rightly point out shows £39PCM, then I pasted bt.com/newfullfibre into the address bar to bring the price down.

Wasn't sure if it would track but it's now in my account as confirmed with an estimated ~10 weeks payable

Might work if you use the address for £29PCM too? I'm sure they'll notice eventually and stop giving cash back on cheaper deals, but I got lucky :D

Permabanned
On the BT Website, they are offering a Fibre 100 product for £39.00 per month.

I have just moved into a new property and I signed up with them and went with the Fibre 2 Product up to 80Mb

If I log into my BT account I can upgrade to the Fibre 100 product but only with BT Halo added on which bumps up the cost to £60 per month.

I don't want BT halo, can you upgrade without?

Soldato
On the BT Website, they are offering a Fibre 100 product for £39.00 per month.

I have just moved into a new property and I signed up with them and went with the Fibre 2 Product up to 80Mb

If I log into my BT account I can upgrade to the Fibre 100 product but only with BT Halo added on which bumps up the cost to £60 per month.

I don't want BT halo, can you upgrade without?

Full Fibre 100 for £29.99 here mate: https://www.bt.com/campaign/full-fibre-240

Caporegime
A question about the box they install inside the home (My installation is Monday)

I assume it needs power, but any reason why it needs to be "near a double socket"

Is that just because the BT engineer will need two plugs? One for the box and one for the Smart Hub?

Back
Top Bottom