Buck Rogers in the 25th Century ?

Soldato
I am getting a massive nostalgia hit and want to watch this again. I remember it from my childhood and while it has probably aged badly I wouldn't mind watching it again. I have looked at all the usual streaming outfits like Netflix, but no one seems to carry it ? Is it available on any of the usual platforms or do I need to just buy the DVD boxset if it exists ?

Commissario
It's not on Disney+ and Prime only has it to rent.

The DVD set is around £35 and the blu-ray set is around £40 and should look good as it was shot on film from memory.

[edit]
**** and now I'm tempted to order the blu-ray set as I suddenly have a wish to see it again. Please ignore the stack of about 100 dvd's & blu-rays sat by the TV, I'll get around to Monty Python, The Goodies, that batch of horror movies I bought for halloween last year, the dozen or so Anime series, the assorted foreign films etc some day (it's not like some of them have been sat there for 5 years...).

Last edited:
Associate
Used to love this as a kid, though it was dubbed into Afrikaans in South Africa. Noticed that my father in law had a DVD boxset of it, so tried to watch it again for nostalgia's sake.

Was interesting to have the proper voices, and odd to hear Twiki with a deep voice, the dub in Afrikaans gave him a high pitched voice. Other than that the best descriptor is that it was bad. Cheesy, poorly written and acted, best left to memories of childhood.

Soldato
Used to watch the series when I was a nipper, still got the film on my Plex server although it hasn't aged well.

Still has some moments of comedy genius though :D

Soldato
I recorded Buck Rogers on Freeview a couple of years ago and finally got round to watching it earlier this year. The first series isn't bad, though it's probably about as cheesy as you'd expect (which isn't necessarily a bad thing :)).

Didn't they change Twiki's voice at some point?
Yes they did for a number of episodes in the second series, the whole of which was pretty awful and makes it no surprise the show was cancelled.

Back
Top Bottom