Build Check

Associate
Hey,

Looking for someone in the know to cast their eye over this upgrade package I'm looking at, please :)

I currently have an EK based loop consisting of 2x EK-CoolStream PE 240 Dual and a EK-XRES 100 Revo D5, it's cooling an i9 9900K and 2080ti.
It's been fine for near enough 5 years, no issues.

I'm looking at the following to replace the exisiting kit, and keeping the Rads and pump.

Any thoughts or mistakes with the following?
(not looking to order until the 4090 block is in stock)

Cheers.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £3,057.86 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Last edited:
Reactions: str
Man of Honour
Intel alternative just for fun:

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,862.90 (includes delivery: £7.99)​

You can see how they compare here:

Unless you're using stuff like blender, unlikely to offer any advantage. You can see benchmarks on that kind of app here.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would stay away from EK blocks, they have become the Asus of the water cooling world.

When i re built my Loop recently in the same situation as you (new mboard,cpu and gcard) i went with the Corsair XC7 cpu block and an alpha cool GPU block, previously i was using all EK blocks but the “ek tax” just isn't worth it now

Now days most of the WC stuff is within a degree or two of each other

Annoyingly OCUK dont sell the alphacool block for your card but you can check the correct one on the comparability site and find it. I wont link the exact block as will fall foul of the forum rules but its much cheaper.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Did you reuse the connectors/fittings you had previously or did you purchase new?

I reused most of my fittings, but replaced all my tubing (i use soft tubing) as changing from coloured to clear coolant.

The only fittings i didn't reuse were barbed ones, half my loop was compression and half were barbs whilst i had it all apart i swapped the rest for compression.

Associate
OP
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom