[Build Log] Back To Water!

Soldato
OP
Stunning build, colours work so well together, really impressive work

Thanks mate after reading so many projects I wanted to try keep everything to fit in the color scheme as much as possible.

Looks really good . I'm thinking of doing a mATX water build myself so I will have to use this as my guide.

I probably wouldnt recommend using this case if your going custom water as its a bit of a squeeze. If you have any questions ask away in the WC section and me or others will try help best we can.

Looks great man! Make sure you get some nice pics sorted out and send them over to me so I can share them :)

Cheers mate. Glad the cables all got sorted in the end. Are a nice finishing touch to the build. Hopefully will get the side panel sorted before I go away with work in at the end of September so I can get some finished photos.

Looks good from the teaser shot OP. Clean, industrial aesthetics.

Cheers mate.

Last image there is awesome, I really like the coolant.

Yea it turned out very close to the color of the rads im pretty happy with it. Hopefully it stays this color.

That last shot, now we're talking! The coolant looks awesome!

Thanks mate.

Absolutely cracking looking build mate well done!! Cannot wait to see the final shots!

Thanks for reading It really looks a lot better in person than the crappy phone photos but the side panel is letting it down at the moment.

Today treated myself alittle as actually want to try game on this more now its done.

First a controller for some driving games like F1 2015 I want to try.

DSC_0046.jpg

I also picked this up which im very very excited about. Means I can get rid of my miss match dual screen set up.

DSC_0045_1.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

Thanks for all the comments.

Soldato
OP
Improve airflow update.

So since the build was up and running I came to realise the Evolv wasnt the best designed in terms of air flow so this update is a few things done to try make that better.

First was the top panel was only vented at the rear and alittle through the small holes on the sides. So I removed the plastic insert and the front of the top panel for opening the fins up.

As you can see its all sealed.

DSC_0043%203.jpg

Just used some snips and then a file to open up the gaps to allow air to pass through.

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0051%202.jpg

Then refitted. It does seem to allow some air to pass through the front which can only help.

DSC_0078%201.jpg

Next was the built in PWM fan controller that although worked alittle still didnt drop the fans down much for when system was idle so got in contact with phanteks to see if they could send a replacement. They ended up sending what must be a new revision of the controller.

The original on the left and the new one on the right. This one actually works great.

DSC_0058%202.jpg

DSC_0059%201.jpg

DSC_0057%202.jpg

Then finally I wasnt totally happy with the eloop fans as they seem abit cheap. So decided to change to some EK Vardar F3 as not only do they feel really well made and review well but they fit the grey theme. I felt the speed of the F3 would be ideal as its fast enough when gaming to keep it all cool but will slow down to silence when idle.

DSC_0070%203.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0077%202.jpg

Before and after.

DSC_0074%201.jpg

DSC_0075%202.jpg

My side panel should be arriving early next week in the UK for getting the window modded.

Thanks for looking and any comments good or bad are welcomed.

Soldato
OP
Overdue update.

Been away with work for 2 months or so and moved house but the side panel that you guys helped pick is finished. I think the window looks great and looks as if it could have come stock like it.

IMG_20151105_150215.jpg

I had a clear and smoked window cut to give me the choice.

DSC_0073%201.jpg

Also inlaid into the panel for a cleaner look.

DSC_0072.jpg

Still gotta finish lighting but very close now to being finished.

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
This is the mini version right? If so is the front panel metal too or is it plastic? Nice build waiting to see it with some lightning.

This is the Matx version. Thanks.

Did you cut it yourself? Looks really clean!

Na parvum cut it for me. They have done a really neat job.

Looking good mate, especially the rads, and coolant, you couldn't ask for a better match.

Yea all matches well. Wish I had planned lighting better early on in the build as its difficult to hide now. Thanks.

Soldato
OP
well worth the wait for the update mate, looks fantastic! what are you thinking of for lighting?

Thanks I hope to borrow a dslr soon to get some better pics. Not really sure about lighting yet I think I may just go with white led strips powered from the fan headers on the mobo but would be nice to have a controllable rgb set up.

The build looks smashing, it was well worth the wait to see it and I can't wait to see what you've got planned for the lighting. :)

As always, keep up the sublime work :D

Thanks mate.

Soldato
OP
Awesome work dude, such a high standard I'm actually getting nervous about even sharing mine when I start soon!

Main thing ive found is not to rush it. I bought the case in January and its still not finished 100%. Only problem then though is you get the bug to upgrade the hardware mid project.

Please do share we all learn from one another.

rgb could be really cool as you mostly have neutral colours internally. Think there is a new NZXT Hue+ system released recently (Oct?) and heard good things about the Corsair Link system too if that helps...

I did watch a bit of a review on that. Ive heard good things about those black ridged LED strips some people use.

Soldato
OP
Stunning, well done mate.

Thanks a lot mate.

Your build looks absolutely fantastic. Excellent work :D

Cheers mate thanks for your comments throughout.

Just beautiful! *CLAPS* :)

Cheers!

wow.. this is perfect.

Glad you like it thanks.

Great work, I#m interested in how you have done the pump and res/fillport, could you do a close up of it?

Its very very hard as its seriously crammed in the bottom but will see what I can do.

What an amazing build, your attention to detail is inspiring :)

Thanks mate ive done my best not to rush it and get the small details right. So many inspiring builds around.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Lucky you. Would probably go with something that includes tempered glass when I get round to changing cases as I think they look pretty nice. Shame your ping would suck now for some TA games.

Soldato
OP
Just to update this thread. I entered a comp on YouTube and won the first week but lots of people calling me out for not being my system. Hopefully it gets sorted out.

Video here.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
[snip snip]

First of all absolutely gorgeous build. Soo clean!
My question, apart from the Vardars being perfectly suited for your colour scheme, How are the eloops? Are they quiet? Good enough for rad fans? And how does it compare to the vardars in terms of quietness and performance?

Cheers :)

To be honest mate I didnt have any particular problem with them I just wanted a better quality fan that suited the build. They were quiet and I originally bought them as I had read they were decent on rads but I would imagine the Vardars are around the same noise wise. Maybe the EK fans being slightly better for rads?

I have since moved the e loops as exhaust fans for my AV cabinet and I had to remove one and bin it as it started making a bad noise which is the first time ive ever had a problem with any fan.

Compared to the EK's they feel over all cheaper even though they are about the same price.

Back
Top Bottom