Built in oven recommendations

Associate
I had 2 Teka built in units a microwave and single oven both have given up the ghost on separate occasions. For now I just need an oven as to get both is a little expensive this side of xmas unless there is a good deal on. We do use the oven a lot but don't want to spend more than £500 on it.

What do people recommend, are Neff worth the price or should I stick with a bosch. I have seen a Samsung geo dual cook that seems to get good reviews any one have one of those. There are so many models out there, any ideas? Bake,roast and grill are the priorities.

Soldato
Miele if you can find one in your price?

If you are in London I have a brand new unused one (change our mind on the model) sitting in the corner you can have for that.

or look on ebay you may get a good deal on a Ex-Display unit.

Permabanned
Neff, Bosch and Siemens are one and the same really, you pay more for a Siemens and it may have a few more features.

For £500, you could get a Gorenje, maybe not a brand that you have heard of but they are fantastic bits of kit for the money, you will also get a 5 year warranty with most of their products.

Soldato
We've got a couple of Neffs, and we really like them. One's the big oven/grill with the slideaway door, and the other's the combo microwave/oven/grill.

Associate
OP
Miele if you can find one in your price?

If you are in London I have a brand new unused one (change our mind on the model) sitting in the corner you can have for that.

or look on ebay you may get a good deal on a Ex-Display unit.

In Manchester area :( (thankyou for the offer) Just been to john lewis. The Neff B14M42N3GB appears to be the most reasonable and can trade in my old one (they remove my old one and give me £35 for it) so comes in around £360. Fits the space, no frills and plugs in to the existing socket without a rewire. Just need to check the reviews. I did see the NEFF with the sliding door, was nice but another £250ish, I could put that towards the microwave?

The Samsung looked good but I would buy a tv off them a oven not so sure.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are Gorenje really a premium brand? Years ago when I worked weekends in Comet the Gorenje fridges/freezers were identical to the Beko units, just with a stainless steel door. Same components otherwise.

Associate
Really impressed with the Samsung one we bought last year, was cheap too. Though I'm comparing it to the electric over it replaced that couldn't cook anything evenly......

Dave

Associate
We moved house and left our 10+ year old Zanussi behind. It was a simple, single oven and we had no trouble with it at all. We were more than happy with it. However, the Samsung we replaced it with is in another league. It heats up so quickly and nothing escapes. The Zanussi would warm the kitchen at the same time. Being able to have big space for a single dish, e.g. a turkey, or splitting it in two for pizza and chips has proved a godsend.

I just hope the Samsung proves as reliable as the Zanussi.

Soldato
Miele or Bosch

DO NOT get a Neff. We have all neff appliances (double oven, plate warmer, coffee machine, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, washing machine) they are all rubbish! They were ok 10-15 years ago, but have gone downhill FAST

will not be replacing them with anything neff

Soldato
I think Bosch and Neff are the same group. Certainly the Neff and Bosch stuff we've got has been very good, but it's only a couple of years old.

Permabanned
Miele or Bosch

DO NOT get a Neff. We have all neff appliances (double oven, plate warmer, coffee machine, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, washing machine) they are all rubbish! They were ok 10-15 years ago, but have gone downhill FAST

will not be replacing them with anything neff

So get a Bosch but not a Neff, why is that then?

Soldato
Neff built in microwaves come in two types, combi immense superb beats, and standard dull terrible underpowered microwaves.

As for their ovens, seen 4 or 5 in my lifetimes in operation, all were excellent.

Associate
OP
Well mine arrives next Friday so will let you know how it handles, xmas a good time to test. Joints, cakes, roasties and maybe a beef wellington if I get the time. A collegue at work has a similar Neff and her only complaint was that if you want to cool down an item in the oven slowly after cooking the fan stays on that rapidly cools the oven and can cause cracks in some cakes. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom