Built in oven recommendations

Soldato
The main fan in the oven doesn't stay on. Only the fan that cools the inner workings stays on, and that's nothing to do with the actual heat in the cooking part of the oven. The air that comes out of the front of the oven is not hot like the air inside the oven. I've got one of the microwave/combi ovens and one of the series 5's and they are both the same. The combi is noisier, presumably because it has to keep the magnetron and other microwave gubbins cool, while the series 5 is much quieter.

If you've got either of the ovens hot, they will take the best part of an hour to go from high residual heat, to low residual heat, and then finally cold, as the indicators on the front tell you when it's still carrying heat.

According to my wife, you get cracks in cakes because you've cooked it too hot, the centre of the cake has expanded, and then it's fallen down as it's cooled. The Neffs do seem to be accurate on heat, so you have to take the advice about cooking times being shortened or temps lowered quite seriously. Also the ovens are quite even (depending on what cooking programs you use), so if you cook on a lower shelf expecting less heat, you'll actually be getting pretty much the same as the top. It's not graduated heat like a gas oven.

Our ovens came with comprehensive manuals and a cookbook, so it's worth giving them a look over to see how the ovens work.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got built-in Neff appliances (Fan Oven, 5 Ring Gas Hob, Microwave and Dishwasher) in my Kitchen currently, they've never given me a moments bother in 9 years.

I'm going to be moving homes next year and my plan, among other jobs is to put in a new kitchen and I'll be looking at Neff appliances again for sure.

Back
Top Bottom