Business Website

Soldato
OP
Weebly again seems a lot more (cost wise) than manual hosting.

I've purchased a doman and signed up for the free 000webhost account but looks like the free email accounts are limited to 20mb which is pretty much bugger all. Think I'll go with Vidahost as mentioned above. Unless there are any other free ones with slightly better storage limits?

EDIT – Say I bought a domain name (.co.uk) and Vidahosts offer a free domain with their hosting services. How would I go about getting the .com version free with the host and then point my registered .co.uk towards the .com site to get the best of both .co.uk and .com domains?

Last edited:
Soldato
is the .com free? if not, as you have the .co.uk you can also claim the .uk version.

All you do is point the nameservers for each name to the same hosting package. Vidahost support and docs are great but it should just be a case of either transferring the .co.uk to vidahost as well, or login to the domain provider and point nameservers the vidahost ones.

With Free you're always going to have limitations, I use them for testing really.

Soldato
OP
Nice one guys.

I'm all set up. Domain is sorted and host is sorted along with a very basic thing created so far while my wife and I play with themes.

One question though. My domain is www.silverbirchhydrotherapy.co.uk. The wordpress is set up on www.silverbirchhydrotherapy.co.uk/wp

How do I set the wordpress part to be on the main URL? I thought I'd found the right bit in the settings but no luck.

Soldato
I'm guessing you've installed it via the cpanel options?

When you install wordpress it asks what directory you want it installed to, as default it is set to wp so everything is going to be "domain/wp/page".

Best way, uninstall, reinstall and set that field to blank :)

Associate
Doesn't WP fix that problem for you if you go to Settings > General and change the WordPress Address / Site Address to be the same thing? I have a feeling I had the same issue when I setup WP before the domain went live.

Back
Top Bottom