• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

But Jensen, how fast is it ?

Associate
There are -Grimsby on a very hot day- levels of fishiness coming from Nvidia over their Turing cards. I expect to see a rather large drop in price around Christmas followed by a new upper tier card to Wizard of Oz people away from what is really going on.

Soldato
I do not understand how they are able to even try to price a 1080ti at 999 it is offensive. Intel did a similiar tactic they offered little but demanded big money and i am laughing at them because i never upgraded from my 4770k and they lost out on a generational upgrade and thus money.

Now Nvidia priced me out i will do the same. A 1080 to 2080 should be a big leap if they try this to be just 10% more than a 1080ti with ray tracing its gonna show the intentions to shaft us over and over. This is just an attempt to push prices up 100 pounds per series launch as i know the 1080 was £599.

And if i am boycotting does this mean the problem is the 1080ti pre ordering people? Some of you fools spent 750 on a pre order and watched as it rose to 800 due to bitcoin and laughed. Well laugh now because this is the new Nvidia price all set by the consumer. And the proof is people already preordered so now 799 is the new price and the next generation will be 899.
Your not wrong. And don't forget people lost their mind at the 1080 release price as it was up on the 980

Associate
OP
But 980 wasn't all that much faster than 780ti which had been discounted to compete against 290x so there was limited room for Nvidia to charge more than about £550.

Associate
2080TI should be in the ball park of 150% 1080 performance assuming both are overclocked, that's a pretty sizable jump and as you say there isnt really another option right now.

The painful thing is last time out it was the 1080 that was 50% faster than the 980 with the Ti offering more again. The justification this time out is RTX but for many it seems that isn't enough, particularly if the performance isn't there with it on (remains to be seen).

Soldato
Yep the loyal NVidia tech sites get told how to do their reviews and what to write.:D
Jayz2Cents, Hardware Canucks. Bitwit. They will all toe the line. Feeding from the hand of Nvidia. They are the worst offenders by far. Hell Bitwit just gets excited because he doesn't even know about tech.
I'll wait to see what AdoredTV and GamersNexus have to say.

Back
Top Bottom