Buying Mercedes A45 Used 2017, 38k

Associate
Need some advice.

Haven't got the car yet but slightly worried about this on the MOT

Failed MOT on this ----->
  • Nearside Front Tyre has a bulge, caused by separation or partial failure of its structure (5.2.3 (d) (ii))

Its now been 'fixed' but is this a major issue to be worried about?

Thanks in advance! :D

Need some advice.

Haven't got the car yet but slightly worried about this on the MOT

Failed MOT on this ----->
  • Nearside Front Tyre has a bulge, caused by separation or partial failure of its structure (5.2.3 (d) (ii))

Its now been 'fixed' but is this a major issue to be worried about?

Thanks in advance! :D
Probably just kerb damage and the tyre was replaced. I’d check the other tyres as you don’t want mismatched tyres or, potentially, one tyre that’s nearly new and three others that are thousands of miles old. Severe differences in tyre tread has been known to destroy differentials and gearboxes.

Probably just kerb damage and the tyre was replaced. I’d check the other tyres as you don’t want mismatched tyres or, potentially, one tyre that’s nearly new and three others that are thousands of miles old. Severe differences in tyre tread has been known to destroy differentials and gearboxes.
Thanks! It hasn't failed an MOT before but saw that and it got me worrying. Thanks for the advice :D

Can you tell me, how did you come up with your username?

With todays roads I'd not worry about something like this. However, if it was outside and wasn't spotted I would run for a mile and a bit more.

Last edited:
Almost certainly kerb damage incurred at 200km/h+ during one of the countless trackday events in it's chequered history.

Run a mile! :cry:

Seriously was the passenger in a mate's car during one such event. Those cars are unbelievable. I thought my Lancia Delta Intergrale was phenomenal... This was on a different planet.

Need some advice:

Went to test drive the A45 2017 today and realised it didn’t have keyless start (no button to press, just twisting the key to start the engine)

It’s got the premium package, electrics seats, pan roof etc…

Is this normal ?

Thanks in Advance!

Back
Top Bottom