• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Buying new 2080 or b grade 2080 ti

Associate
if it was 12 months i would buy it right now, but the fact that so many are failing you have to have a screw loose to buy one with a 90 day warranty

Man of Honour
if it was 12 months i would buy it right now, but the fact that so many are failing you have to have a screw loose to buy one with a 90 day warranty

Not sure i’d even take 12 months. Have been there before. Constant hassle of returning and then you may get one that lasts, but equally it might go the day after the 12 months and is likely to do so.

Associate
OP
Just bought the msi 2080 :). Now to buy a 1440p 165hz monitor.

Btw

IN THEORY

Couldn't you buy the b grade product then buy a new product to get the email invoice and cancel your new puchase?

Also should I buy the pg279q now or wait for the pg279qz to arrive in the UK?

Associate
the only thing that MIGHT save you is if you buy with a credit card. I brought a 2k tv and Currys tried to wriggle out of the warranty (3 days over the 12 months) as soon as i said i brought in on a credit card and would contact them they replaced it. Consumer rights act or something, electronics should work for a time period representative of the price paid. After that i pay for everything with my credit card and pay it off straight away. Helps i earn air miles and get really cheap flights to vegas lol

Associate
Just bought the msi 2080 :). Now to buy a 1440p 165hz monitor.

Btw

IN THEORY

Couldn't you buy the b grade product then buy a new product to get the email invoice and cancel your new puchase?

Also should I buy the pg279q now or wait for the pg279qz to arrive in the UK?
they take note of the serial number so thats a no go

Back
Top Bottom