Bye Bye Game!

Soldato
by all accounts the last "sale" hardly dented their minus bank balance...

well with fantastic offers of up to 1pence off some games its not hard to see why :D

i mean they had racks and racks of unboxed games in my local gamestation, which were more expensive than complete ones!

i agree with most of what gimpy said above, but the said thing is the exec's will have no problem moving on to other work where as the retail staff will find it tricky, thats the sad part :(

Soldato
OP
nope sad day all around, but even sadder is that digging around it appears no-one is particularly interested any more in picking up the pieces. It appears the management have just burnt too many bridges with suppliers etc. and have such large amounts of worthless shops that nobody will do anything until the company has all but gone completely...

Soldato
OP
perhaps...anything is possible, but it's stalled so far now anyone will wait till they're dead and buried before splashing any cash. To admit the company is worthless has been suicidal

Soldato
Wonder if they'll have a better sale, they are pathetic atm.

i doubt it really, itd cost them yet more money to stay open. there might be other ways for them to raise cash from stock but it will likely be done it bulk to other shops or resellers etc.
i cant see them having any blowout sales but anything is possible i guess, the ones theyve had recently have been hit and miss, with some old games for a quid to some other old games having 1p knocked off :p

Associate
hopefully someone else with better vision will buy them, as someone said before, when you walk into GAME its not very game like, you cant even try games or nowt, and they have way too many shops, in Belfast of the top of my head i can think of 6 shops that's a lot of game shops! and that's not even counting any gamestation shops.

Soldato
hopefully someone else with better vision will buy them, as someone said before, when you walk into GAME its not very game like, you cant even try games or nowt, and they have way too many shops, in Belfast of the top of my head i can think of 6 shops that's a lot of game shops! and that's not even counting any gamestation shops.

Here is Brighton there is a GAME in the Churchill Square shopping centre.

50m down the road on Western Road is another shop and then they have a Gamestation a few doors down.

Soldato
If they are going into administration does that mean we are likely to see huge sales on lots of stuff while stocks last, either online or in stores? It would be nice to get my hands on a 360 or a ps3 to use as a media center if the prices are right.

Soldato
Just logged in to my account to see if I had any reward points to spend.
I know I had some points in there but not enough to lose sleep over.

Hadn't used Game for a long time, but at last Christmas, I got a urge to go & spend my points.

Glad I did now, don't know what the points are worth, but one peep I know has lost thousands of points.

Soldato
If they are going into administration does that mean we are likely to see huge sales on lots of stuff while stocks last, either online or in stores? It would be nice to get my hands on a 360 or a ps3 to use as a media center if the prices are right.
Probably not as the staff will no doubt take the unsold stock in lieu of last wages which are looking unlikely to be paid soon!

TBH Game really hurt their core UK business when they decided to drop PC boxed games for pre-owned console games. That alone more than anything upset the publishers especially when Game allegedly bullied some publishers (THQ for sure) into not listing games on Steam in UK for up to 6 weeks after the retail launch.

Its no wonder the publishers had little goodwill towards them when it mattered as Game made huge profits out of pre-owned whilst denying PC gamers a major retail outlet & taking money out of game developers pockets by concentrating on pre-owned above all else or failing to restock games which could not be resold as they included online passes etc etc.

Now the budget has stopped the offshore VAT loophole expect prices to rise online to match shops so Game lose out even more as internet shopping is no longer as cheap as it was :(

The irony is not lost on PC gamers ;)

Back
Top Bottom