Byrons burgers stiff their own employees

Associate
Illegal immigrants have no rights.

They deserve no sympathy and will quite rightly be shipped back to whichever hole they came from. They are criminals and should be treated as such.

It's good to see the authorities actually doing their job for once. Long may it continue and hopefully thousands more illegals will be dealt with in the same way.

Soldato

They deserve no sympathy and will quite rightly be shipped back to whichever hole they came from. They are criminals and should be treated as such.

It's good to see the authorities actually doing their job for once. Long may it continue and hopefully thousands more illegals will be dealt with in the same way.

Of course they have rights. Basic rights that should be afforded to every human being no matter what. "Human rights" if you will.

Caporegime
OP

Agreed. Ship all these hard working individuals back to whatever hole they came from and get some of the benefits scroungers to fill their roles.

See how well that works :)

Soldato
No they didn't put it right out of choice, they put it right because someone whistle blowed them to the home office who then told them to sort it or get smashed with fines and criminal action, stop being so naive. If they wanted to put it right then they would have carried out full and proper checks on everyone coming in. That they didn't is just another example of a chain that is built on minimum wage salves that morally doesn't give a crap where they are from so long as they can pay them peanuts. They are just mad because they got rumbled this time around.
Err, or how about they got found out (as in, the illegal immigrants) because the home office was actually just doing it's job? Is that so hard to get your head around. It's not some great conspiracy. I actually saw the immigration van downstairs at my work at the beginning of July, before this happened (there's a Byron downstairs). Some of our international employees were saying they carry out a lot of spot checks and they've seen them before.

Are Byron burgers any good ? never tried one.
They're actually pretty damn good. On London burger scales, probably in the top 5, just. Patty and Bun, Honest Burger, Le Big Fernand are all superior.

Caporegime
Of course they have rights. Basic rights that should be afforded to every human being no matter what. "Human rights" if you will.

What rights have been taken from them?

They had no right to work here and when found out, got quickly remanded to custody rather than just let disappear elsewhere in the system.

Soldato
What rights have been taken from them?

They had no right to work here and when found out, got quickly remanded to custody rather than just let disappear elsewhere in the system.

I think you missed the part where my post was quoting someone who said illegal immigrants have no rights...

Associate

I would give them bread and water and keep them locked up in a guarded camp while I was processing them for return to their country of origin.

Other than that, they have no rights.

In any event, there is no such thing as 'human rights'. The idea is merely a construct made up by misguided humans.

They would have as much as I chose to give them. Nothing more.

Soldato
I would give them bread and water and keep them locked up in a guarded camp while I was processing them for return to their country of origin.

In any event, there is no such thing as 'human rights'. The idea is merely a construct made up by misguided humans.

You sound delightful. :o

Associate

I bet you're great fun at parties.

Soldato
Its pretty simple.

Their managers knew they are illegal, perhaps the higher ups, who never interacted with them, did not know.

The company should be fined regardless of all other things, they are liable full stop, either they are so highly incompetent, did not check, or knew full well they are illegal and covered it up.

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;29861189 said:
People call burgers pasties? :confused:

Don't you find it more likely you've simply misheard peole saying patty, which is a recognised term for the meat in a burger?

I'm surprised at you Fox, you normally read stuff.

Let's start again, I said I have never heard of a Patty.

I then looked on Google and a Patty LOOKS LIKE (NOT TASTES LIKE) what we call Pastys or Pasties.
I've just showed my wife and eldest a picture of a Patty and both said it looked like a Pasty/Pastie.

Hope that's cleared that up.

Shall we talk about Oatcakes now?
Stoke Oatcakes > everybody else's Oatcakes.

Caporegime
I'm surprised at you Fox, you normally read stuff.

Let's start again, I said I have never heard of a Patty.

I then looked on Google and a Patty LOOKS LIKE (NOT TASTES LIKE) what we call Pastys or Pasties..

he is indeed correct i've never googled patty before but it does bring u pwhat looks like a pasty/calzone not a beef burger patty

Soldato
he is indeed correct i've never googled patty before but it does bring u pwhat looks like a pasty/calzone not a beef burger patty
Try 'meat patty'. I only use patty in cooking terms, it doesn't really have much relevance beyond that and maybe very in-depth burger reviews "the burger was lovely, with a really juicy patty".

Back
Top Bottom