*******C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Race Sim*********

At work atm the moment but will have to post a video to show what I mean when I get home. I had AA issues with shift 2 so it doesnt surprise me but the shadows in the game look really blocky the edges arent smooth at all plus adding this sort of heat haze effect thats in the game it really looks aweful

I know its really hard to see from this piccie but notice how jaggy the shadows are. When I get to the tree shadows in the rest of the track it looks even worse.
CARS2011-10-1221-33-36-33.jpg

Your shadows look like mine, so it's certainly not your graphics card.

But it's a pre alpha build, so there'a plenty of time for improvements and optimizations.

Although the shadows in NFS Shift 1 and 2 were similar.

Last edited:
Anyone playing this with a G25 or G27 wheels needs to start the game using the

CARS_FFB.exe

located in

C:\Program Files (x86)\WMD\CARS

The game is so much better to play.

My Global Device Settings for my G27 are on default.

My biggest gripe is if they can get the FFB in this game so good, why was it so bad in Shift 1 and 2?

Last edited:
I bought a basic membership yesterday. My wheel has been out of action for ages but this project deserves support even if you are even remotely interested in driving sims.

I just hope they release a Caterham for it soon :D

I bought(or should I say invested in)theTool Packs - Type: Team Member ...yesterday, and I'm impressed with the level of detail, But, and a big BUT... having got, and running Shift2 Unleashed @ 2560x1440 180 FPS fully maxed out, ...C.A.R.S. brought my rig to it's knees, running DX9, with 5 cars racing...25 FPS..WTF???? That's TWO GTX580's SLI...i7 2600k and 16gig ram...WHAT??

But the physics are good....FPS Really very very poor?...
Cheers...
Swifty
PS: Posted this too at their forums

Anyone playing this with a G25 or G27 wheels needs to start the game using the

CARS_FFB.exe

located in

C:\Program Files (x86)\WMD\CARS

The game is so much better to play.

My Global Device Settings for my G27 are on default.

My biggest gripe is if they can get the FFB in this game so good, why was it so bad in Shift 1 and 2?

At times its better but it kicks a lot and caused a few crashes :o... I had it sweet on the standard exe so maybe need to mess with settings again for my G27!

I bought(or should I say invested in)theTool Packs - Type: Team Member ...yesterday, and I'm impressed with the level of detail, But, and a big BUT... having got, and running Shift2 Unleashed @ 2560x1440 180 FPS fully maxed out, ...C.A.R.S. brought my rig to it's knees, running DX9, with 5 cars racing...25 FPS..WTF???? That's TWO GTX580's SLI...i7 2600k and 16gig ram...WHAT??

But the physics are good....FPS Really very very poor?...
Cheers...
Swifty
PS: Posted this too at their forums

Getting 35+ fps on mine maxxed out on Conneticut with no AI on build 78 :eek: Was more on build 74 IIRC.

OK, updated nVidia display drivers to 285.62....No more BSOD :) and getting a massive 20 FPS increase with 5 racers 40-45 FPS with single GTX 580 (Disabled Sli)....Could just maybe have been a driver issue on my part, and not the game ;) Not bad at all really, considering the level of detail of the cars ..... Love the handling and the way the cars behave....Very promising :)

Swifty

OK, updated nVidia display drivers to 285.62....No more BSOD :) and getting a massive 20 FPS increase with 5 racers 40-45 FPS with single GTX 580 (Disabled Sli)....Could just maybe have been a driver issue on my part, and not the game ;) Not bad at all really, considering the level of detail of the cars ..... Love the handling and the way the cars behave....Very promising :)

Swifty

If you have a G25 or G27 wheel, start the game with the CARS_FFB exe in the WMD folder. The FFB is even better.

Finally bought this yesterday and gave it a quick blast with the keyboard. (Blasphemy i know!)

Its good so far!, are they going to get licenses to use the proper car names does anyone know?

They already have licenses from Motorsport Vision for Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Snetterton and Cadwell Park.

As far as I know they plan to have all the game content of cars and tracks licensed.

anyone know what the new build is like? i've still been too lazy to download this

*edit*
waaaait a minute.... its thursday... the new build comes out friday.

facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom