California Road Trip with a Child. (56K NO NO)

Soldato
Well, I'm just weak at the sight of a gun. I'm sure many others are aswell.

its not the actual gun though, more the person holding it, I start thinking "who are they, what's their state of mind?.. are the responsable"

Hmm

People don't just bowl about with guns in their hands or sticking out their knickers (Well in most states :eek::p )
Most License's require the weapon to be concealed at all times (not sure if that's better or worse :confused::p )

I certainly wouldn't let it stop me from visiting America!
I went to Texas where it appears to be law to own enough weapons to start WW3 and yet I actually saw no weapons in public!!
Sod the food, scenery ...etc the highlight of my trip to the states was the fun I had with the ridiculous array of guns I got to shoot at the inlaws ranch :D

Associate
Impressive trip, especially with a 2 year old and some great pics.
I did a similar thing with the ex last year over about 16 days; started in SD, went up the coast to Monterey via LA, across to Yosemite and back into SF.
There was only the 2 of us but we managed to do it for about £3k between us. We ate very well but stayed in small motels as we were only there for sleeping and had no really itinerary, just a start date, end date and 10 days with the car (not something I would do with a child).
I have to agree with Rich_L, Santa Barbara was a hidden gem for us and we spent a couple of nights there. It's probably one of the nicest towns I've ever been to.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;25215054 said:
I loved that Bridge - it's the bit where the road in the valley got wiped out by a rockslide so they... built a bridge over to a road on the other side of the river and just left it, it looked so cool.
Shame about the 15 minute traffic light :p

I am going to San Jose in a couple of weeks, what did you wear out there? I guess it is T-Shirt weather? :p

Should be fine with a t-shirt at this time of year. What are you going to SJC for - conference? It's hardly a top holiday destination; more a dump :p

The benefit is you are well located to drive off and visit other places :)

Underboss
Excellent posts, some great pictures there. Glad you enjoyed it.

I went to LA as a teenager and it was ok. San. Diego however was immense!

Back
Top Bottom