Call of Duty 17: Black Ops Cold War

Permabanned
Got with my 3090 and I only do SP but only messed around as got other games/things to do first plus its not very well optimised.

Associate
Good Afternoon everyone.

Can someone please tell what is the cheapest way to acquire this game as I would like to just play the single player.

I have no interested in the multiplayer, I just want to play the campaign.

Soldato
OP
Good Afternoon everyone.

Can someone please tell what is the cheapest way to acquire this game as I would like to just play the single player.

Ask a friend who owns the game to lend your their battlenet details. It's what I did.

Otherwise it's about £17.50 from the RU Battlenet store, create and buy it using a VPN. However I don't think it is worth that for the campaign, even as a campaign lover.

Permabanned
Good Afternoon everyone.

Some sell the game code they got with a Nvidia GPU (3080/90) but you need access to the MM.

Associate
I tried Warzone and couldn't get into it - and just wanted a "normal" COD game where I can play against bots and also a campaign.
I heard mixed reviews about Cold War but saw it was £20 cheaper than Warfare and went for it. Having never played COD much in the past I think cold war is an excellent game and an alternative to the usual Valorant and CS GO I play

£30 at the moment, offer ends today

Last edited:
Soldato
Have they updayed the Cold War engine at all to bring it out of y2k and more in line with Modern Warfare?

Temped to buy at £30, if only to be able to save Cold War gun blueprints for Warzone and unlock the Streetsweeper.

Highly annoying that Cold War blueprints cannot be saved

Soldato
I absolutely loved CW personally. A continuation of the MW gameplay.
Im now playing it fully in MP at the moment, and stopped MW (not because its crapper or anything but just dedicating time to CW).

I tell you I get my moneys worth out these games... (glad they are not sub based!)

Soldato
I absolutely loved CW personally. A continuation of the MW gameplay.
Im now playing it fully in MP at the moment, and stopped MW (not because its crapper or anything but just dedicating time to CW).

I tell you I get my moneys worth out these games... (glad they are not sub based!)
I tried Cold War a while back when it was a free to play weekend. The engine really put me off but if its improved (even a bit) then im tempted.
There was something about the general movement and aiming that felt clunky

Soldato
I tried Cold War a while back when it was a free to play weekend. The engine really put me off but if its improved (even a bit) then im tempted.
There was something about the general movement and aiming that felt clunky

Aiming and movement is fine in Cold War....... the only thing that narks me is that at certain time of day because of my K/D (only 1.02!) I get matched with top players like FaZe clan etc and they just totally wipe me out instantly...... i hate the SBMM in it. During the day it can be more even and have good/bad games....

I prefer it to Warzone as that as a solo player just too frustrating as there are too many happy campers and I prefer to be in constant battle.....

Soldato
Aiming and movement is fine in Cold War....... the only thing that narks me is that at certain time of day because of my K/D (only 1.02!) I get matched with top players like FaZe clan etc and they just totally wipe me out instantly...... i hate the SBMM in it. During the day it can be more even and have good/bad games....

I prefer it to Warzone as that as a solo player just too frustrating as there are too many happy campers and I prefer to be in constant battle.....
1.02 is platinum / diamond league games. Im sure Activision have stated SBMM isnt a thing but thats just lies.
If i play with people who are 0.50kd, i get matched in games much easier. If i play with friends around 1.0kd, things are much much harder. 0.50 > 1.0 goes from bronze/silver > platinum/diamond

Edit - Why are Activision against the SBMM system so much?

Last edited:
Soldato
1.02 is platinum / diamond league games. Im sure Activision have stated SBMM isnt a thing but thats just lies.
If i play with people who are 0.50kd, i get matched in games much easier. If i play with friends around 1.0kd, things are much much harder. 0.50 > 1.0 goes from bronze/silver > platinum/diamond

Edit - Why are Activision against the SBMM system so much?

Against? I thought they are for it as it allows they have some kind of algorithm that states will keep player retention at all levels using it. it remind me of Fifa.

It totally sucks when i play against these impossible players but i guess it sucks when lower players play vs me..... i guess thats why online multiplayer sucks in a way.

Soldato
Against? I thought they are for it as it allows they have some kind of algorithm that states will keep player retention at all levels using it. it remind me of Fifa.

It totally sucks when i play against these impossible players but i guess it sucks when lower players play vs me..... i guess thats why online multiplayer sucks in a way.
The SBMM in Warzone has always been a mystery. There’s no ranking system for lobbys which was a reason SBMMWarzone was created (then closed down as Activision said it was a privacy concern) This IMO was a lie as you needed to set you account on smbbwarzone to public to allow the data to be seen.
Why dont activision reveal how their sbmm works and allow lobbys to be ranked?

Soldato
ive bought 0 skins so thats why they whap me in top lobbies haha
I bought some purple trace fire Grau weapon and MP7 with COD points I had on my account. I've always had the same skin since owning Modern Warfare - The standard camo 'Grinch'
But yeh, im probably placed in lobbys with the "zero spend" people too :D

Associate
anyone still playing this here, also bought in the sale and looking for some people to share my pain with

bought it yesterday needed something to shoot things in that wasnt warzone

and really enjoyed the zombies mode on free trial

and dont mind the deathmatches ect just for a change

Associate

thats why clan servers used to be so good Yes I could dominate a cs server but being a regular and playing with regulars people knew what to expect

and before I retired that was near instant death ;)

now Iam just old slow and crap so its all reversed

Associate
I love my FPS games and this is brilliant.
Having played Half Life 2, CS Source, CS GO, Valorant, Doom, Cyberpunk ETC this is by far the best, or at least on par with CyberPunk.

It seems I've finally found an FPS that i'm quite good at, already playing at the 2nd highest level bots and owning most games easily. Campaign is excellent too, great mix of action, adventure, strategy etc.

Not ready to play online yet as I only got the game on Saturday. I used to get owned all the time on CS online so i'd assume this is the same.

Glad I bought it before it went back up to £50 !

Back
Top Bottom