Call of Duty 2015/Black Ops 3?

Caporegime
OP
Played a few games, and I think my play style does not fit the perks I have, and tonight when I play I need to totally change it up, the UAV spam is ridiculous and without Ghost I cannot rush with my silenced weapon and do what I normally do, instead I need to realise I am on the mini map and play accordingly.

I can see Ghost being a requirement on all of my classes.

I couldn't put my finger on why I was getting smashed so much, but now I know it's because I am always on the mini map as there always seems to be a UAV in the air.

It's a big step up from AW though.

Soldato
I can't remember the map names but of the three maps I like two of them. I don't like the with the waterfall as that does feel like AW maps as I am getting shot from all over. The other two still have a few places where it is difficult to cover but mostly feel like traditional lane maps. Running and gunning is what CoD should be IMO and on the 2 maps it seems possible.

Hunted: The hunting lodge map with a waterfall.

Combine: The one with a central courtyard with an armoured vehicle in.

Evac: The one that looks like it is set in a shanty town.

Out of those, Combine is the only map I really get on with. The other two just don't work for me. Seems like there are too many angles.

Soldato
One thing I have noticed with the three maps we got, they are TINY!

Definitely seems like it is going to be a maximum of 6v6 based on these maps. Which is kind of a shame and indicative of what I believe is going to be their network model - IE P2P. Can't be having 24+ player servers using a P2P model I don't think. I also think it is an indication of how the primary platforms are technology limited. I suspect that to make a game that looks the same as BLOPS3 run at 60FPS on a big map would require more juice than the PS4/XB1 has got.

left it downlaod over night, only 10gb done saying 5 hours left... what the hell is wrong with this man

Some of us have seen good results by pausing the download for a few seconds then resuming. Let it settle to see what the time remaining says. If something silly, repeat. keep doing it until it reduces accordingly.

Yesterday afternoon at 16:30 I had 21 hours to go after downloading from 11:00 that morning. Using the above technique, the game was downloaded and installed by 18:00.

Caporegime
I suspect that to make a game that looks the same as BLOPS3 run at 60FPS on a big map would require more juice than the PS4/XB1 has got.

It's just poor developers/coders.

The last of us remastered and destiny don't even make the ps4 ramp up the fans. Yet rocket league does.

If you haven't played the last of us remastered it's available for like £6 off cd keys (us account required).

You will be blown away by the graphics and bare in mind it's a ps3 game.

Cannot wait for uncharted.

Soldato
It's just poor developers/coders.

The last of us remastered and destiny don't even make the ps4 ramp up the fans. Yet rocket league does.

If you haven't played the last of us remastered it's available for like £6 off cd keys (us account required).

You will be blown away by the graphics and bare in mind it's a ps3 game.

Cannot wait for uncharted.

I have TLOU R

But I suspect whilst it looks grand, it does not run at 60FPS. Pretty sure I remember reading it was locked to 30.

That is the trade off. Big great looking environments require the FPS to be dropped OR the fidelity of the visuals to be dropped to attain 60FPS.

So I maintain that either way, you won't get any game on PS4 that can do 60FPS in large detailed environments. Witcher 3 is a prime example, it is locked to 30FPS.

Unfortunately, I doubt we will see larger maps on CoD any time soon unless they decided to regress to a 30FPS cap.

Soldato
Quite enjoyed myself on Kill Confirmed last night, still a complete noob at CoD but getting better, need to get more kills before dying though so I get past UAV.

A video I recorded last night.

Caporegime
OP
I have TLOU R

But I suspect whilst it looks grand, it does not run at 60FPS. Pretty sure I remember reading it was locked to 30.

That is the trade off. Big great looking environments require the FPS to be dropped OR the fidelity of the visuals to be dropped to attain 60FPS.

So I maintain that either way, you won't get any game on PS4 that can do 60FPS in large detailed environments. Witcher 3 is a prime example, it is locked to 30FPS.

Unfortunately, I doubt we will see larger maps on CoD any time soon unless they decided to regress to a 30FPS cap.

Battlefield looks pretty good and is ~60FPS, allbeit at 900p.

Soldato
I laughed at 3:40

But only because I did the exact same thing last night :D

One point I wanted to mention was flashbangs. Got done in with them a couple of times yesterday when they exploded behind me. Anyone else have that?

I also like the fact melee has been nerfed :)

I also feel the information bar that pops up under the mini map all the time blocks game view. I would like to be able to rejig my hud to put mini map in the bottom left corner and remove the other stuff I don't really need, like kill logs and health bars etc.

Soldato
Played a few games, and I think my play style does not fit the perks I have, and tonight when I play I need to totally change it up, the UAV spam is ridiculous and without Ghost I cannot rush with my silenced weapon and do what I normally do, instead I need to realise I am on the mini map and play accordingly.

I can see Ghost being a requirement on all of my classes.

I couldn't put my finger on why I was getting smashed so much, but now I know it's because I am always on the mini map as there always seems to be a UAV in the air.

The UAV spam is annoying. I pretty much have to run with a launcher as secondary. Ans it's annoying you don't unlock Ghost til a late level. Once I have it I'll be using it on all my classes(I don't think you can get it in the beta though).

Out of those, Combine is the only map I really get on with. The other two just don't work for me. Seems like there are too many angles.

Yeah, they are a bit dull. I was taken back by how small Combine is!

Combine is the map I don't like as it has major spawning issues. My first game I was spawning in the same spot and getting spawn killed a lot. Like I said above: the game seems to have fixed spawn areas(this was playing Kill Confirmed) and this is a bad idea IMO :(

Soldato
Battlefield looks pretty good and is ~60FPS, allbeit at 900p.

Yeah, it looks OK but it does not look as good as AW, IMO, or BLOPS 3 and the FPS is not fixed at 60 so I have read. It regularly dips below it.

I think that current gen consoles are struggling with 60FPS at 1080p, hence why AW and seemingly BLOPs3 have tiny maps. Anything larger and the FPS would nosedive with the visual fidelity they are using.

Soldato
Combine is the map I don't like as it has major spawning issues. My first game I was spawning in the same spot and getting spawn killed a lot. Like I said above: the game seems to have fixed spawn areas(this was playing Kill Confirmed) and this is a bad idea IMO :(

Hmmm, I didn't really notice that last night but I only played 1 match of KC on it, the rest was TDM. I will play some more KC tonight and see how I get on.

Some of the TDM spawns are retarded though. You kill someone, and a couple of seconds later they spawn just aound the corner. Or as in my case on evac a few times I run around the corner into an enemy spawn point as 3 of them are just respawning :eek:

Managed to kill two of em but the 3rd one got me. Bah. :D

So what are your thoughts? Worth getting?

Don't really know yet. Only played it for 3hrs and in lobbies that were not the best (they were in the US) so it would be unfair to judge it on those.

At first I thought a killstreak nerf was needed but in the end most of them are easy to avoid, perhaps other than UAV. I have always ran a perk in AW that makes me invisible to UAV's so I will unlock that in the Beta if I can.

Last edited:
Soldato
I laughed at 3:40

But only because I did the exact same thing last night :D

One point I wanted to mention was flashbangs. Got done in with them a couple of times yesterday when they exploded behind me. Anyone else have that?

I also like the fact melee has been nerfed :)

I also feel the information bar that pops up under the mini map all the time blocks game view. I would like to be able to rejig my hud to put mini map in the bottom left corner and remove the other stuff I don't really need, like kill logs and health bars etc.

That wall is annoying going back up it, died a few times so don't try anymore.

Back
Top Bottom