Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Caporegime
OP
Didn't they all love MW2019? And look how that turned out! One of the most hated CODs ever.

What? No, people love/like MW a lot. I think it’s great.

Yes I know there’s lots of glitches and bugs and the current game is broken, but the polish on the game is incredible.it’s the best looking and sounding (as far as guns go) CoD to date.

Don’t let them influence your decision old chap!

It’s not setting the world alight but this is what we expect now unfortunately.

From playing the alpha I just don’t like it, I’ll try the beta today and in my xbox next week but I’m just not feeling it. It’s a step down from MW in every department. 6v6 doesn’t do it for me now and I love MW ground war it’s fantastic, and Cold War doesn’t have that mode. I can get my CoD fill from playing MW2019 and jumping into Warzone to get the Cold War thing. Only thing I might buy it for is the zombies, seems like a good place to start. MP looks utter trash.

not Treyarchs fault though, they’ve done the best they can considering the circumstances.

Soldato
What? No, people love/like MW a lot. I think it’s great.

Yes I know there’s lots of glitches and bugs and the current game is broken, but the polish on the game is incredible.it’s the best looking and sounding (as far as guns go) CoD to date.

A lot of people hate MW as well. I didn't particularly hare it but it had issues that stopped me from playing it. Mainly the crap maps and the super loud footsteps. But I agree that it looks and sounds superb.

Caporegime
OP
A lot of people hate MW as well. I didn't particularly hare it but it had issues that stopped me from playing it. Mainly the crap maps and the super loud footsteps. But I agree that it looks and sounds superb.

The one thing that struck me yesterday whilst hanging out on a stream when the host was talking about SBMM (and why I think a lot of people hate MW) is that people who have gotten older (who were great at the games years ago) and still play think they have a god given right to still be good now, yet get smacked by people like they were years ago, could be completely wrong on it, but it could be nonsense lol. JackFrags was also talking about when asked if he could get a nuke, said he possibly could have years ago, but not now. The skill level of players has just increased massively, the whole community is just a whole lot better at the game now.

Soldato
I've watched a couple of videos by Driftor and XclusiveAce and it seems the 2 biggest complaints were that the connection was pretty poor, which may be down to the fact it was a closed beta so there could be limited players.
Also lobbies are now disbanded after every match so even if you get into a good lobby you only get one game in it.
Ace was also complaining about getting put into games in progress all the time. Something I hate. And somebody on Reddit said if that happens there is no point staying because the lobby will get disbanded when you finish anyway.

Soldato
Does it have variable fov on console?

One of the biggest flaws with all cods is sbmm and lobby system. Total ****. Just let us have server browser and community servers.

But then the publisher overlords wouldn't be able to **** the current game over in order to prioritise the new one. It just won't do to still have a nice big player base on an older game and fewer people buying the new one! No, we must all consume the latest. Consume consume consume.

Soldato
Yeah the lobby disbanding after each game is exactly the same as MW, so it’s obviously using the same code for matchmaking

One of the most hated features of MW was the lobby disbanding. Such a stupid idea. But apparently it's because of SBMM and the fact it works your skill out after every single game. Why? Who knows.

Associate
The one thing that struck me yesterday whilst hanging out on a stream when the host was talking about SBMM (and why I think a lot of people hate MW) is that people who have gotten older (who were great at the games years ago) and still play think they have a god given right to still be good now, yet get smacked by people like they were years ago, could be completely wrong on it, but it could be nonsense lol. JackFrags was also talking about when asked if he could get a nuke, said he possibly could have years ago, but not now. The skill level of players has just increased massively, the whole community is just a whole lot better at the game now.
I do think this is nonsense, good players with high k/d's years ago who still play the game today aren't going to be significantly worse than they used to be. SBMM by design will place you with players at a similar skill level so they won't be getting smacked by better players, they just won't be doing as well as they used to on older games. SBMM seems to be universally disliked by good players for multiple reasons, just to name a few:
  • Unable to play in a party with lower skilled friends as they get annihilated every game in the higher skill lobbies
  • Lower connection quality due to a much smaller pool of players at the highest skill level, and connection quality becomes more important in higher skill lobbies. Games can often become a lottery of who gets the better connection
  • Unable to experiment with non meta weapons and classes as you need to be at your absolute best every game

Soldato
I thought it was 8th for people that pre ordered and then 10th for everyone on PS

So did I, and "open beta" kind of implies that.

I've not checked ps store for a few hours but it wouldn't let me dl it because I didn't own black ops.

*edit*

I'm told it's now up and letting you download, seems to have gone live at 6pm

31gb

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I've just seen.

I can never get the bloody PS app to download stuff to my console, no idea why. It's in rest mode.

Will have to manually do it later.

Caporegime
OP
Played a few matches of the beta, was quite a bit more enjoyable, aiming with a DS4 though compared to my Xbox controller feels horrible, looking forward to trying it on Xbox next week.

i did have a more enjoyable experience today though and was actually able to do well. I’m still not sure how much I’ll actually play the base game though as 6v6 MP just doesn’t float my boat anymore.

Soldato
I enjoyed the multiplayer this weekend, but the movement still feels off. I don't have the words to describe the feeling, but everything feels a little "rubbery" and not as sharp as I'd expect it to be at this stage of development.

Soldato
I enjoyed the multiplayer this weekend, but the movement still feels off. I don't have the words to describe the feeling, but everything feels a little "rubbery" and not as sharp as I'd expect it to be at this stage of development.

When you jump up something or slide you turn into superman I feel. Some of the guns feel like lasers as well.

I prefer everything on MW but my K/D this weekend on black ops has been pretty high compared to what I'd see on MW sometimes creeping up over 2.0, might just be current player base though.

Back
Top Bottom