Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII

Man of Honour
Officially on the hype train!

I only stopped playing BLOPSIII last year so I'll be picking this up as soon as I see a decent deal.

Might have to start saving up for a decent rig as my MBP just about manages III.

Soldato
Where have you read that? Personally I'm fine if it's like BO3 as the movement system was great in that game. Plus BOTG is just boring.

I saw it last night but I can't seem to find it now/remember where... I'll update when I find it.

I really didn't like BO3, I buy all of the COD games but BO3 is one of the worst imo and certainly had the least play time from me.

Caporegime
OP
What other reason is there for it releasing a month earlier than it normally does? :confused: The general consensus that I've seen is that they're scared RDR2 will hurt sales.

Because the my want WW2 gone? And they want people hyped in the series again because nobody gives a **** about CoD and everyone is playing fortnite, what better way to get people playing BO3 again and hype going for BO4 by saying it’s coming a month early, the thirst is real.

It’s just as conspiracy theorist as they are scared of RDR2 to be honest but I can’t see Activision being scared of Red Dead, I mean they’re different games.

Soldato
Rumour that there won't be a single player campaign.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43793243

I read that somewhere else this morning, apparently they didn't have enough time to get a campaign finished by the release date and instead concentrated on multiplayer and zombies.

I will have to see what the multiplayer is going to be like this year as apart from WW2 I haven't liked them since the wall running rubbish. If it is like that and no campaign it will be the first COD I will not buy..

Soldato
Over the past 2 days I've read that there will be no campaign but instead the game will have a battle royale mode. And I've also read that MP is a mixture of BOTG and jetpacks; so hopefully it will be like the movement system in BO3 as that was excellent.

Soldato
Hmmm. BLOPS3 was the best of recent cods imo so 4 could be a great game. I really want to be excited, but I suspect the age old server/netcode issues will ruin it in the same way they have ruined cod for years which I genuinely think is a shame.

I can see this being a flop. No SP campaign on release (possibly a paid for DLC on or shortly after release?) will drive a lot of people away, myself included. I'm not sure the cod MP experience is strong enough to prop the franchise up on it's own.

That said, seems like plenty of people still buy into the franchise regardless, so maybe it will be a success.

Soldato
The vast majority buy COD for multiplayer so I'm surprised this wasn't done sooner.

The early release is likely a combination of pubg and fortnite stealing cod gamers and want to combat that but October is likely the earliest.

Maybe why MW2 Remaster is coming soon?

Also best avoid competing against a Rock Star game like RDR. COD is huge and still the biggest annual sales wise but why have something like that potentially impact sales.

Caporegime
OP
Man all these rumours flying around, and the state of the current MP mode makes me really really worried about this game.

They also cannot even get decent netcode going on 6v6 games, let alone 1vs X amount, rumours are that it's also not 100 players yet, but that's the aim.

Caporegime
Lol, I doubt it. CoD is just as big as Red Dead Redemption, if not arguably bigger.

I disagree.

Also; it is obvious with the change in release date to avoid Red Dead Redemption 2 that Activision are worried about sales.

I expect this iteration to do worse that previous games.

Soldato
Can't help feeling that cod is in its last days, singing its swan song.

Infinite warfare and WW2 down to 12mil sales a piece compared to blops3 at 26mil sales. AW at 21mil and ghosts at 28mil. Indeed the last 2 iterations of cod have been the poorest performing in terms of sales in over 10 years........

Back
Top Bottom