Call of Duty: Black Ops

Caporegime
Yea, but people are saying there going to do it again this year...

Also the one i work in it opening at midnight... Anyone that comes in can ONLY BUY CoD and nothing else.

So if there doing the buy £30 quid of stuff get it cheap offer, no one will be able to do it, sorta makes me think they'll do it for £26 at midnight

People *HOPED*

Myself included. Nobody knew for definate or claimed to have any sources. Those that claimed they did said it wouldnt happen.

they announced over the tannoy at our sainsburys they were openning at midnight especially for this, and it would be £28 if you spent £30 in store today or £37.98 if you just turned up on the night. No £30 spend. Pay full price.

They wont be doing it for £26 for everyone like last year. It didnt make them any money.

Fifa 11 was the same offer just about, so i cant see them changing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I work in Sainsburys and last year we sold out in under and hour..... And didn't have it back for a few days

Also does anyone know why the supermarkets don't advertise these deals they do ? really annoys me as i have a £40 copy coming, so sad

because its all about out manoeuvring the competition.

its one giant chess game.

Soldato
It's already been said its like WAW where if you camp the enemy keep on spawning until you move up.

Damn. I wont be going through on Vet then. Just has no flow like that and becomes just working out trigger points and running at the right time which I find boring and more like a first person puzzle game.

Associate
me too, happy days indeed :)

no week or two for me tho, unless delivery gets badly screwed up :(

My call of duty 4 turned up a month after the release date with a note attached saying "sorry, we've been kicking this around the floor of the sorting office for 4 weeks, hope it still works" or words to that effect.

I must have been a lot more patient back then, I'd have gnawed my own arm off and bought a copy from the shops after a few days if it happened now :D

Don't want to get you worrying or anything, just saying, you aint home and dry until it's a-flopping on the doormat.

Caporegime
If anyone is desperate CEX across the road from where I work is selling the game early.

At £70 a pop :eek:

Worst part is that people were actually buying it! Must be really desperate to pay almost double to play it two days earlier than everyone else. And also have the privledge of playing with nobody online :p

Thats madness, I'm honestly not bothered if mines late. I would just play something else instead. It really isn't the end of the world like people make out.

Associate
Is it worth starting up a separate thread just for the opening offers on this at all??

Just to make them easier to find, and only the confirmed offers?

Soldato
Yea, but people are saying there going to do it again this year...

Also the one i work in it opening at midnight... Anyone that comes in can ONLY BUY CoD and nothing else.

So if there doing the buy £30 quid of stuff get it cheap offer, no one will be able to do it, sorta makes me think they'll do it for £26 at midnight

Don't see it happening, all the stock, POS (promotional signage etc) and stickers have already arrived today. There's no money to be made in just selling the game cheap on its own.

Its not been confirmed that they are doing the spend £30 on shopping and get it for £27.97 yet, its just rumours

It's very much confirmed.

Last edited:
Associate
Is it worth starting up a separate thread just for the opening offers on this at all??

Just to make them easier to find, and only the confirmed offers?

Well, go on then, but make sure it's got at least 10 asterisks and the word "official" in the title. Makes it much easier for people scanning the list of topics to find what they're looking for.

Soldato
Ye, I hardly ever get lost in sp games anymore.

Extremely linear games are just as badly designed as sprawling zones players get lost in. Old school shooters like Quake, Unreal & Doom have excellent level design without resorting to linearity (I am very aware they had their fair share of linear levels also).

The best way forward would be large open areas with clear indicators of where to go next. Halo's Silent Cartographer level is a classic example of this.

Soldato
Linear games aint all bad as when you actually go back to some older games and if you miss a bit of dialogue or dont play for a few days/weeks its can be very frustrating trying to figure out what jour next objective is as so many older games never had any sort of map or even if they had a map any sort or marker to let you know where to go.

that being said though that map reminded me way to much of 90% of FFXIII which is supposed to be an RPG which i always thought gave you freedom.

also the map on the left reminds me of the screen you used to get on the crystal maze

Back
Top Bottom