Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

Soldato
Same as spaceman said above I’m on xsx and have zero problems getting into games, I’m also living in shipment since it came out. Depending on your internet speed is it worth uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that fixes anything?
Reinstalling seemed to help by cutting down the amount of time I was waiting for a match a bit. It's still not as quick as 2019 MW but I'm persisting for now. Really enjoying the game too as I did 2019 MW. Better than vanguard by miles

Soldato
So I’m tempted to grab a series X but I’ve seen rumours starting that we may expect an upgrade in the near future and r therefore may also hold out a little bit. What do we think of that?
I bought mine when I did because I could pay for it over five months, and I wanted to be able to watch my DVD and Blu-ray collection. I only have a 1080p TV, so even if they did release a new one, I wouldn't see any benefit from it. I guess it depends on whether you can get away with waiting or whether you want something now.

Associate
Loving warzone 2.0 but been mainly on my own or with a mate. Much better teaming up. If anyone has Xbox or fancies teaming up cross platform add me Grun86. Drop me a message

Soldato
Have been playing non stop since I got it. Mostly doing weapon skins. Done gold on all AR, melee, BR most of the rocket/LMG's and playing around with the SmG's

Started to adventure into the DMZ but all I can say is idiots!!

Had one of my best drops bags loaded 3 peice armour jacket, back pack etc and my bloody team mate ran me over when I was trying to get on the plane!!!

Soldato
This is just a laggy mess for me now. Rarely get a lobby where I’m not ping spiking to +100ms every few moments (or 999 lag for a second or two) and have packet loss. Shame, I was enjoying it up until the servers went crappy.

How hard is it to release a triple A title that does not have dog **** servers?

You used to be able to pick your own servers back in the day (server browser) and vote with your feet. The lobby system completely removes any choice - or at least only lets you choose from all bad options.

Wouldn’t mind so much if it was more balanced with some good and some bad lobbies, but it’s bad every match now, any time of day. :(

Soldato
This is just a laggy mess for me now. Rarely get a lobby where I’m not ping spiking to +100ms every few moments (or 999 lag for a second or two) and have packet loss. Shame, I was enjoying it up until the servers went crappy.

How hard is it to release a triple A title that does not have dog **** servers?

You used to be able to pick your own servers back in the day (server browser) and vote with your feet. The lobby system completely removes any choice - or at least only lets you choose from all bad options.

Wouldn’t mind so much if it was more balanced with some good and some bad lobbies, but it’s bad every match now, any time of day. :(
Think that's at your end mate. You're not on sky by any chance?

Soldato
Think that's at your end mate. You're not on sky by any chance?

I am on Sky actually, yeah. But I didn’t have any issues at all for the first month or so since MW was released - in fact it was really good. Hit reg was good, no issues with instadeath and being 20+ms behind on every kill cam. It was solid.

Nothing else seems to have changed in terms of my connection - everything else seems to be working fine. :confused:

Just MW2 playing like a sack of **** :(

Soldato
I am on Sky actually, yeah. But I didn’t have any issues at all for the first month or so since MW was released - in fact it was really good. Hit reg was good, no issues with instadeath and being 20+ms behind on every kill cam. It was solid.

Nothing else seems to have changed in terms of my connection - everything else seems to be working fine. :confused:

Have you checked https://support.activision.com/ban-appeal to make sure you're not shadow banned?

Soldato
Have you checked https://support.activision.com/ban-appeal to make sure you're not shadow banned?

No I haven’t. Not sure why I would be shadow banned - even on a good day I’m not exactly great! :p

I also never communicate with anyone - verbal or in chat.

Thanks for the link. Ran the check and it came back with:

NO BAN DETECTED
GAME(S):

Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
Call of Duty: Vanguard
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

DESCRIPTION:
We did not detect an active ban on your Activision account. If you need help with any other issues, please check out our Support Options.

Soldato
No I haven’t. Not sure why I would be shadow banned - even on a good day I’m not exactly great! :p

Glad that's OK at least. I managed to get perma banned playing single player due to my antivirus (managed to get it sorted via them getting in contact with Activision) and then shadow banned for a week at the start of December (can be caused by enough people reporting you multiple times in a round).

Maybe worth trying different router? Somewhat clutching at straws mind.

Soldato
Glad that's OK at least. I managed to get perma banned playing single player due to my antivirus (managed to get it sorted via them getting in contact with Activision) and then shadow banned for a week at the start of December (can be caused by enough people reporting you multiple times in a round).

Maybe worth trying different router? Somewhat clutching at straws mind.

I didn’t know that was even possible. :eek:

Re routers, like I say - whilst I’m not 110% sure, I can’t detect any changes on my end with anything but MW2.

According to MW2 I’m connecting via Leeds. I don’t have any other load on my internet when I’m playing either.

Early mornings have always been a bit iffy for me, but afternoon/evenings and weekends have been pretty solid till about the first week in December, which is when it properly went downhill.

Since then, it’s a proper lag fest!

Soldato

I had massive problems with the Sky Q router and packet burst when playing on Warzone on Xbox live, especially through a network switch. My mates was the same.

Lag spikes everywhere. A reboot of all my network equipment would solve it but not for long.

Got rid of Sky and the Wi Fi mesh network not had issues since.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had massive problems with the Sky Q router and packet burst when playing on Warzone on Xbox live, especially through a network switch. My mates was the same.

Lag spikes everywhere. A reboot of all my network equipment would solve it but not for long.

Got rid of Sky and the Wi Fi mesh network not had issues since.

Thanks for the info.

When you say you got rid of Sky - do you mean TV and internet, or just internet?

I’m considering upgrading to FTTP as Fibre Heroes have recently upgraded the estate with fibre and the telegraph pole is at the end of my drive! They are offering 1000/1000 connections through resellers like IDNet for about £20p/m more than what I pay for Sky broadband.

To be honest, I have a good sky TV package but don’t make full use of it. The only thing I would really miss is Sky F1.

Certainly food for thought. Thanks.

Soldato
Thanks for the info.

When you say you got rid of Sky - do you mean TV and internet, or just internet?

I’m considering upgrading to FTTP as Fibre Heroes have recently upgraded the estate with fibre and the telegraph pole is at the end of my drive! They are offering 1000/1000 connections through resellers like IDNet for about £20p/m more than what I pay for Sky broadband.

To be honest, I have a good sky TV package but don’t make full use of it. The only thing I would really miss is Sky F1.

Certainly food for thought. Thanks.
I switched Internet and all the problems I'd had for months went away.

Soldato
I found the Sky Q wireless awful. Turned it all off and use a Ubiquiti access point now although have cabled all the important stuff. Their Internet is pretty decent (80mb fibre).

Last edited:
Soldato
I switched Internet and all the problems I'd had for months went away.
I’ve decided to sack the lot off.

Sky TV and broadband are going as I’m out of contract.

Been thinking about it for a while, and in terms of value for money I’d rather spend on a gigabit internet connection and then utilise various other content platforms for TV stuff.

In reality, other than Sky F1, the majority of TV hours are spent watching non-sky channels.

I can get live F1 elsewhere.

So, dodgy CoD performance has been the straw that broke the camels back, and the catalyst for a bit of a change!

Thanks for the advice :)

Soldato
I’ve decided to sack the lot off.

Sky TV and broadband are going as I’m out of contract.

Been thinking about it for a while, and in terms of value for money I’d rather spend on a gigabit internet connection and then utilise various other content platforms for TV stuff.

In reality, other than Sky F1, the majority of TV hours are spent watching non-sky channels.

I can get live F1 elsewhere.

So, dodgy CoD performance has been the straw that broke the camels back, and the catalyst for a bit of a change!

Thanks for the advice :)
If you're running the mesh wi fi try turning it off. Also Turn off the sky q boxes so the router is only worrying about the Internet and not trying to send a picture to the boxes.

See if anything changes.

Back
Top Bottom